PDA

View Full Version : The Present time of year

Arthurgray50@blu
26-11-2010, 22:45
It will soon be that magical time of year, and it has already started with the snow.

Please remember, there will be OAPs, the vulnerable, and the genuine homeless people out there, who will to proud to ask for help, yesterday for example it was freezing, and even l was effected by the cold, and l had everything l could think of on to keep me warm.

If you know of someone who fits into the above category, Make them a cup tea, give them something to keep them warm, offer them food,.

And when l mean 'genuine' homeless, l mean genuine, you can tell someone who is homeless, and someone who isn't, and they make money from the generous public, instead of it going to the good cuases.

Remember, take care of your neighbour.

Hugh
26-11-2010, 22:46
Arthur, very kind thoughts (mostly) - well done, you.

Sasha222
27-11-2010, 01:02
Very well said Arthur. Well done you. Your a very caring person ;)

Paul
27-11-2010, 01:08
This is more suited to lifestyle I think. Moved. :)

superbiatch
27-11-2010, 01:16
Good on ya Arthur and very true :tu:

Sasha222
27-11-2010, 12:11
Does anybody ever think for two seconds that Artur may not be able to grasp how to do a link and yes I know people have said they have told him how to do it. I know when I joined this forum it took me a hell of a long time to learn a lot of stuff and some things I was told I learned straight away and other stuff it took me a hell of a long time to learn and posters were really kind and helpful to me and had the patience also to go over and over it again with me.

Some things I'm still learning and I think maybe Artur might be just to embarrassed to say, like I have been at times I, I dont understand the way you showed me the link and could you show it to me again.

We're not all good at picking things up first or second or third time and it really takes a lot of courage for some posters to ask for help as like me they are embarrassed to ask.

I just think Artur should be giving some slack

Derek
27-11-2010, 12:55
I love this time of year as well. I don't have to buy milk as there is normally some left lying on doorsteps... ;)

Seriously though I entirely agree with the sentiments in the first post. :tu:

Mick Fisher
27-11-2010, 16:01
Well said Arthur. :tu:

joglynne
27-11-2010, 16:25
Fine sentiments Arthur. :tu:

budwieser
27-11-2010, 19:06
I love this time of year as well. I don't have to buy milk as there is normally some left lying on doorsteps... ;)

Seriously though I entirely agree with the sentiments in the first post. :tu:

Lol Derek, Watch out for Internal Affairs or whatever its called in this country, Good Cop Gone Bad! :D
Seriously Though, Well done Arthur for your sentiments. :tu:

LSainsbury
27-11-2010, 21:28
Good post, well done.:tu:

And when l mean 'genuine' homeless, l mean genuine, you can tell someone who is homeless, and someone who isn't, and they make money from the generous public, instead of it going to the good cuases.

So - how can you recognise these people? One looks much the same as another to me...

Sasha222
27-11-2010, 21:41
I suppose you take them at their word that they are homeless and either give them money or buy a cuppa and a a sandwich for them or something from Mc Donalds for them and have a chat with them as at the end of the day they are human to and they are just unfortunate that they fell on hard times.

Also the elderly or people living on there own as well need someone to check on them to see if they are alright espically now with this really bad spell of weather and might need some shopping done or just to see a friendly face and have a chat with

gazfan
27-11-2010, 23:34

Remember, take care of your neighbour.

aaargh - I applaud the sentiment but feel obliged to point out that the tendency of this poster to confuse subject & object might obscure the true meaning he intends.

It is those that are not genuinely homeless who divert money from those truly needing our help, rather than as implied above.

Apologies for pointing this out, I don't make a habit of being a 'grammar policeman' - however I wanted to say how much I agreed with the post & it needed this clarification for my 100% support.

With that caveat I'm glad to say 'well said Arthur'.

Sasha222
27-11-2010, 23:40
Well the best thing to do is give to a charity for the homeless and at least then you know where your money is going. Arthur meant well when he posted to get us all thinking about people who are far worse of than we are and it was a good reminder as well

Gary L
28-11-2010, 09:11
Try not to give them cash. they may spend it on booze which won't feed them. instead try and give them actual food. that way they eat.

you could also go one step further and if you have the room. let one move into your home over the winter.

Hugh
28-11-2010, 10:40
Good ideas, Gary - the Big Society is alive and well in you.

dilli-theclaw
01-12-2010, 22:39
Another thought for this time of year - (For those that qualify (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretirementplanning/Benefits/ConcessionsAndOtherHelp/DG_10018668))

Check to see if you are due a cold weather payment via the onlie postcode-checker. (http://pensions.direct.gov.uk/en/cold-weather-payment/home.asp)