PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

paultf1
18-11-2010, 21:26
This is my first posting, and new to the forum.
I have V+HD,downstairs, and upstairs I have my modem for my broadband this was fitted when it was blueyonder except the box which I have not long had on a self install.
I have got a SAMSUNG VIRGIN V BOX SMT-211OC with a paired card.
I have tried to set up this box upstairs but only can get 3 channels.
I live in midlands and box came from London, is there anyway I can get this box to work legal.I have the new red card with both boxes.

thanks for any help.

paultf1

Raistlin
18-11-2010, 21:41
1. :welcome:

2. What's a 'paired card'?

3. What do you mean by saying the 'box came from London'?

weesteev
18-11-2010, 21:52
haha sounds like either an Ebay job for the box or a friend has "passed it on"... either way, this thread doesn't have much life left in it!

A card can only be paired to a box if its an active subscription.

If the box is from London (could be any of the 3 master headends) theres a good chance that the box wont work in the midlands (unless your lucky enough to stay in a legacy cableco's franchise... i.e Telewest covered small patches of greater london and also the West Midlands).

Kymmy
18-11-2010, 21:53
Any box you have has to be registered on your account for it to work, so the box from London will not work as the box and the card will have probably been removed from the system..

There is no way of getting this box to work

jungleguy
19-11-2010, 21:31
The problem is the equipment has a regional stamp. Ie the London equipment will only work within the London franchises. They are called site ID's. And there are 31 in total. If your kit has a site ID of 31 it will only work in Cambridge area. For example.