PDA

View Full Version : No connection

LORDTOM
09-11-2010, 21:37
I had Virgin broadband installed 1/10/10 and there was problems with getting wireless connection.After several phone calls and different attempts to rectify the problem , it was decided on 14/10/10 that the Netgear router was faulty and a replacement would be forwarded. As of 9/11/10 following numerous phone calls / E mails and promises that the new unit would be with me with 5 days , I still have not received the replacement modem. I would be grateful if anyone could advise how I can get Virgin to supply a modem that works. I feel that 6 weeks from getting a new connection is a long time not to be able to benefit from the Wireless experience that being with Virgin is supposed to bring.

MovedGoalPosts
10-11-2010, 09:12
I'm confused. It may just be a misunderstanding on your part but what is actually faulty, a modem, or a router? I ask because you say wireless doens't work which is normall part of a router (the netgear), and yet you want Virgin to supply a working modem?

weesteev
10-11-2010, 09:18
Or is it one of the combined modem/router hubs? Are you sure its a faulty device and not an issue with your setup?

I would make sure you dont have static IP addressing set on your PC firstly, then try conencting by Ethernet direct to the device to make sure you can get a connection. If you scan for a wireless network can you see your network listed? Do you get any error messages when you try to connect?

Also, think this may need to be moved to the Internet thread....?