PDA

View Full Version : Moving house question

cambridgemark
05-11-2010, 11:30
I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and have filled in the online movers form on virginmedia.com. All is fine and a date is booked for an engineer to come out and fit the services in the new place. My only question is do I take my old equipment with me and get to use that? I have a Samsung V+ Box which I much prefer to the SA and so if they'll bring new equipment I don't want to risk not getting the Samsung.

Cheers.

weesteev
05-11-2010, 21:03
Yes take your equipment, it will be reconnected, especially if it is the newest box.

Hope this helps

cambridgemark
07-11-2010, 08:00
That's what I was hoping to hear, thanks.

weesteev
09-11-2010, 00:26
good luck with the move (just done it myself, stressful stuff!) let us know how it all goes.

cambridgemark
21-11-2010, 09:33
Move went well. Only took 2 phone calls to VM after installation to get everything sorted. One because broadband wouldn't register, which involved the draining task of the Indian call centre, but managed to get it sorted. Then one to sort the TV as we only had the M channels and pay for XL.
All is done now and working! And got a shiny new modem/router combined!

Peter_
21-11-2010, 09:40
Did you have a Virginmedia email address at the last property because unless that has been correctly Moved and Transferred it will shortly be disabled as the email addresses are attched to the property account number and do not automatically transfer to new addresses.

If this is the case then you will need to call up and clear Data Protection on the old acciount and the new account, then the technician will be able to transfer your email address/es to the new account for you.

japitts
07-12-2010, 18:19
Ok our move is going right to the wire of whether it's going to happen intime for Christmas or not. Basically we're now at the stage of putting some things in place "incase" the move happens on the 17th, and making a final "go/no go call" on Friday..

This brings a few problems..

- How late can we realistically leave the Virgin transfer - I'll set everything up tomorrow, and cancel over the weekend if needs be.

- The current owners already have Virgin TV, broadband and phone - so whilst technically it probably couldn't be easier in terms of "kit out, kit in", CS can't setup a new account on their "connection point" until the current residents have disconnected? I'd really appreciate some clarification on this point, I shan't be amused if we can't even arrange reconnection until they are physically gone.. because that will realistically mean no VM over christmas.

jungleguy
07-12-2010, 22:04
The occupants at your new address need to cancel or move their account before vm can arrange an install date. So if they ring up tomorrow and cancel, with a cancel date of 17th, you can arrange your instal tomorrow with customer services, with a date of the 18th IF AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!

Rik
08-12-2010, 01:25
Oh the fun of moving your services :D

I moved recently to a house where there is already an VM customer with their own services and account, that wasnt a problem, ive simply got my own services installed under a new account.

The problem I had was, the engineer disconnected the current telephone line, and simply reconnected mine, so there was me talking on my line, and the other person picks up their dect phone only to hear me on the end!!

Werent impressed to say the least, VM were very quick in reconnecting her line tho lol :D and she got a credit on her bill for the incovenience.