PDA

View Full Version : New virgin broadband cost query

Zoso
02-11-2010, 07:38
Hi everyone, my first post so please be gentle with me...
A few days ago I signed up to Virgin 50Mb service which was £33 for 3 months then £38 a month. (without phone line)

I notice on the Virgin web site that the price has been reduced to £30 for 3 months then £35 a month. Will I be automatically be put on the new price plan? (I've not received a copy of the written contract to sign) I'm not to bothered about the 3 month offer, but I don't want to be paying £38 PM if I can help it.

The install date is 18/11 :)

Many Thanks

BenMcr
02-11-2010, 09:07
No, it will be the price that was advertised at the point of order.

Although as you haven't been installed yet, you probably would be able to get it amended to the current advertised price. I would speak to sales

Zoso
02-11-2010, 09:11
No, it will be the price that was advertised at the point of order.

Although as you haven't been installed yet, you probably would be able to get it amended to the current advertised price. I would speak to sales

Thanks for that. Will do.

Kymmy
02-11-2010, 09:32
If you're planning on keeping the broadband for 18 months then it works out cheaper to go for the 50Mb plus phone line which also includes free install/activation.. That works out at just under £600 for the 18 month contract.. The deal you're getting works out at just over £600 not including install/activation.. and that doesn't include weekend phone calls

Zoso
02-11-2010, 10:21
If you're planning on keeping the broadband for 18 months then it works out cheaper to go for the 50Mb plus phone line which also includes free install/activation.. That works out at just under £600 for the 18 month contract.. The deal you're getting works out at just over £600 not including install/activation.. and that doesn't include weekend phone calls

The reason I went for the BB only is that around 6 months ago I had BT install a new phone line. (It was a old property which needed a lot of renovation) They wanted £125 for the install :mad: or free if I signed a 18 month contract. At the time Virgin was not a option.