PDA

View Full Version : VM CEO address details

barnsley
01-11-2010, 11:54
Morning all,

I've been with VM for the past 3 months and it's not been good! Firstly VM cocked up the order, they didn't port my original telephone number from BT nor did they enable caller display. After this it's been down hill. Problems with the VM supplied router (DHCP issues), they replaced this but still have intermittant problems (no IP addresses from router, wired or wi-fi). Then loss of service every month! Speak to helpdesk (off-shore!) need I say anymore. Same old thing turn off router, turn off modem, turn on modem, turn on router then please turn on PC. Now I'm being asked to check cable (f-type) connection to modem! I'm not a muppet all this done before I call helpdesk. The faults (and there have been many) have always been a network fault (somewhere). Before moving to VM I was with BT for well over six years for my broadband (ADSL) connection and in that time I only ever had 3 faults and these were cleared rapidly. Now with VM it's every month (no real pattern, could be 1 day, could be a week!). I want to now complain to the highest office about this very poor service and support, is there anyone out there with the address (e-mail or snail-mail) for the CEO's office.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

pip08456
01-11-2010, 11:56
neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

Chief Executives Office
Virgin Media,
PO Box 238,
Wythenshawe,
Manchester, M22 0WJ

barnsley
01-11-2010, 12:20
Many thanks pip08456 for the info, I've just fired off an e-mail to Mr Berkett. Let's see what sort of reply I get.

Dave

pip08456
01-11-2010, 13:13
Many thanks pip08456 for the info, I've just fired off an e-mail to Mr Berkett. Let's see what sort of reply I get.

Dave

Your welcome, I hope you were polite and consice with your problem.

barnsley
01-11-2010, 13:41
Your welcome, I hope you were polite and consice with your problem.

Very polite and to the point (not war and peace!).

Cheers

pip08456
01-11-2010, 14:20
Very polite and to the point (not war and peace!).

Cheers

You should get a reply tomorrow.

Chrysalis
01-11-2010, 16:27
I dont think its right his email should be posted like that on this forum, spam bots can harvest it.

pip08456
01-11-2010, 16:52
I dont think its right his email should be posted like that on this forum, spam bots can harvest it.

It is in the general domain and not an exclusive to "those in the know", see here (http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html)

Chrysalis
01-11-2010, 16:56
I know is not exclusive but I wouldnt post it in that form on this forum.

pip08456
01-11-2010, 17:11
Dilligaf!

barnsley
01-11-2010, 17:12
Chief Executives Office
Virgin Media,
PO Box 238,
Wythenshawe,
Manchester, M22 0WJ

Hi there,

Thanks to pip08456 I have already had a reply from the CEO and he is getting his office to investigate and help on the matter.

Let's watch this space.

Dave

dilli-theclaw
01-11-2010, 17:14
Dilligaf!MMMmmm :)

pip08456
01-11-2010, 17:17
Good to hear barnsley!

I never realised I would stoop so low as to help a Yorkshireman having been raised in Lancashire!!!!

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

MMMmmm :)

Wasn't calling on you, just expressing an opinion.:D:D

barnsley
01-11-2010, 17:20
Good to hear barnsley!

I never realised I would stoop so low as to help a Yorkshireman having been raised in Lancashire!!!!

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Maybe I should move to Lancashire as I work there on a daily basis! The war of the roses is over now you know!

Cheers again,

Dave

Mick
01-11-2010, 17:29

His e-mail addy is widely available only takes a search via google, also note that a multi-million pound business surely can afford spam filter software to protect it from such issues.

pip08456
01-11-2010, 18:03
Maybe I should move to Lancashire as I work there on a daily basis! The war of the roses is over now you know!

Cheers again,

Dave

Who sad it was over?????:LOL::LOL:

weezel
09-06-2011, 21:03
This is an old thread, but it was the first I found as I too had similar woes and gripes over the new superhub. Like alot of people, I have issues surrounding the hub, so I sent an email to that address on the second reply explaining my issues. I got a reply back in an hour saying they would look at it.

then a phone call about an hour or so after that! that lasted maybe 15 minutes, and as a result they are mailing me a VMNG300 with power supply via recorded special delivery due at the latest by 1pm tomorrow to my works address! soon as it arrives, I am to call them back and ask them to set it up for me on the 100mbit service.

for a quick email, and a 15 minute call, that's quite a good result! if anyone is interested in what I wrote to them, I can paste it here once I dig it up from my sent items. I do agree with some that it maybe isn't something they should deal with there at their head office, but having dealt with customer services pre 100mbit installation and the engineer during the install regarding this very subject, i knew that having to go through those channels would be a total pain.

thanks for those details, result!

Nopanic
09-06-2011, 23:30
The guys that deal with it aren't in the head office, they are the best complaint guys.

weezel
09-06-2011, 23:33
The guys that deal with it aren't in the head office, they are the best complaint guys.

either way, RESULT :-D

Nopanic
10-06-2011, 07:18
either way, RESULT :-D

It's disappointing it had to come to that ..

Dave9946
10-06-2011, 09:34

So when a person emails the widely published CE's email address over an issue that does not get dealt with on a lower level just who does it really go to?. Because experience tells me for whatever reason they never goto the CE himself, instead innitially getting a reply to say the CE cant reply due to whatever reason (like on a flight or on annual leave).

Does the CE's office really deal with these issues or are they simply passed onto a UK based customer services posing as the CE's office?. Plus what hours does the CE's office open, surely not 7am for the CE's staff?

Chrysalis
10-06-2011, 10:24
normally a PA would get them but I will say I have had more then one personal reply of neil, so he at least some of the time reads them.

Dave9946
10-06-2011, 10:35
normally a PA would get them but I will say I have had more then one personal reply of neil, so he at least some of the time reads them.

Yes, I think it is fair to assume the CE would have either a PA or a secretary who would use or have access to his email address. But in the case that the CE himself does'nt read it first (nice to hear he does sometimes deal direct) and the first point of contact is the CE's PA\secretary. If they claim they have passed it onto 1 of the CE's team to deal with just what is that CE's team?.

Charliedontsurf
10-06-2011, 11:10

I don't think Neil ever gets the emails, there is a CEO department for customer complaints. The berkett address you send to is not the corporate address that is direct to Niel berkett.

Every site you go on someone is emailing neil at that email address must got 100's of emails a day. An when on the phone to the "CEO's" office you can hear lots of people on phones in the back ground. All dealing with customers.

weezel
10-06-2011, 18:14
my VMNG300 arrived at 10am at work today, one quick phone call to the activations team, followed by another (i got cut off) and my VMNG300 is now up and running on 100mbit \0/ when i asked them about the superhub i was told to dispose of it 0.0 i shall keep it around though incase it's needed at some point

Nopanic
10-06-2011, 21:10
So when a person emails the widely published CE's email address over an issue that does not get dealt with on a lower level just who does it really go to?. Because experience tells me for whatever reason they never goto the CE himself, instead innitially getting a reply to say the CE cant reply due to whatever reason (like on a flight or on annual leave).

Does the CE's office really deal with these issues or are they simply passed onto a UK based customer services posing as the CE's office?. Plus what hours does the CE's office open, surely not 7am for the CE's staff?

I don't know, I would assume Neil doesn't reply to them, he has a PA.. taking into account how busy he is ..

The CEO's department are a collection of the best agents working under the title of CEO, which means they have quite a bit of push within the business.

Charliedontsurf
10-06-2011, 21:28
I don't know, I would assume Neil doesn't reply to them, he has a PA.. taking into account how busy he is ..

The CEO's department are a collection of the best agents working under the title of CEO, which means they have quite a bit of push within the business.

Also known as 2nd line in any other company........;)

Dave9946
10-06-2011, 21:40
So if a customer gets the feeling they are getting the not our problem go back to wherever like responce then there is to other place to contact except the thinking of leaving option on the phone?.

Nopanic
10-06-2011, 22:11

No, its not 2nd line. 2nd line are a technical support department, CEO's office are a customer care department.

Peter_
10-06-2011, 22:39
No as even they cannot send out VMNG300 modems because they have never ever been available on the system

I also rather doubt that any of our actual 2nd line guys would want to be a part of the CEO's team even with its better hours.;)

Dave9946
10-06-2011, 22:44
No as even they cannot send out VMNG300 modems because they have never ever been available on the system

I also rather doubt that any of our actual 2nd line guys would want to be a part of the CEO's team even with its better hours.;)

Is that because they get more grief off customers? :)

Peter_
10-06-2011, 22:46
No they would rather deal with some technical problems, I know thats my preference.:)

Nopanic
11-06-2011, 07:20

CEO's office get less grief that complaints, remember they are empowered to act on behalf of the CEO, so they call you back with fixes.

They also have the freedom to work on things and keep to call back times.

It's far from an easy job though and they are very talented.

Dave9946
11-06-2011, 08:45
If they dont act as they are enpowered to by the CE as suggested to resolve a situation does (reguardless of the reason a customer calls them) that possably indicate they are giving in to demands to easily on trivial matters and may be under preasure to satisfy the customer without "fixing" any given issue account wise on more serious issues?.

It's just that you hear of them solving some issues yet seem to be digging there heels in over other issues.

Nopanic
11-06-2011, 22:09
If they dont act as they are enpowered to by the CE as suggested to resolve a situation does (reguardless of the reason a customer calls them) that possably indicate they are giving in to demands to easily on trivial matters and may be under preasure to satisfy the customer without "fixing" any given issue account wise on more serious issues?.

It's just that you hear of them solving some issues yet seem to be digging there heels in over other issues.

They take on complaints after looking into individual issues.

They wont just take on an issue, if you haven't tried the normal process first.