PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating Virgin Installation Problems

conorkellysligo
01-11-2010, 11:52
Need to Vent!
I was due to have Virgin installed on the 28.10.10 between 8am and 10am. I received a call from customer care the day before the installation however to confirm installation between 8am and 1pm. I explained I would not be available and I was put through to customer care who asked me to forward through the email which stated my installation would be between 8 and 10 which I did. Nobody came back to me. I then called customer support later in the evening to try to confirm 8am to 10am but was put on hold for 20 minutes at which point I ran out of phone credit. I then tried to email several virgin accounts but received only automated replies. I took the morning off work but nobody showed up between 8 and 10 as was promised in the original email. I then received a call the day of the installation as I had not been home when the engineer called. I explained the situation to the gentleman who told me it would be another two weeks until installation. I informed him this was unacceptable having already waited 4 weeks. I informed him I would be available Monday to Friday 8-10 or all day Saturday. He told me he would see what he could do about getting an earlier installation and get back to me. He never got back to me. I phoned the helpline this morning and was informed I was scheduled for an installation on the 18th of November between 1pm and 6pm. This despite informing Virgin staff that these times would be unsuitable as well as being a full 3 weeks later than the original install date. I informed the helpline that this time was unsuitable. The earliest suitable time he could give me being the 27th of November, almost two months from my first contact with Virgin. This is a complete farce. If I had been informed in the original email that the installation would be between 8 and 1pm I would have rearranged for a Saturday appointment. I will be looking into an alternative provider unless an acceptable installation date is arranged. Anyone else have similar problems?

jungleguy
01-11-2010, 21:11
Hi there. sorry but if your not available for your original install date, rescheduling your install at the last moment will result in disappointment. That's one of the pitfalls of ordering online.