PDA

View Full Version : Important message from Virgin Media: Where to get technical help

VMboy
31-10-2010, 09:05
Email received from Virgin Media, would look to me that they are now charging for technical questions for computers, my question is are they automatically adding this service to customers, surely not.

We wanted to let you know that we’re here to help. Here’s how…

Virgin Media Technical Support is free for any Virgin Media service or equipment issues. For help with your computer or anything digital, we’ve got another service. It’s called Digital Home Support and it gives you instant access to a team of technical experts 24/7.

It's just like having your very own IT help desk!

You can get Digital Home Support by paying a monthly fee that starts at just £6 a month – that works out at less than 20p a day. Or, you can pay as and when you need help.

To find out more and download our free PC health check tool, go to virginmedia.com/dhs or call us for free on 0800 014 7394.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Sirius
31-10-2010, 09:08
Email received from Virgin Media, would look to me that they are now charging for technical questions for computers, my question is are they automatically adding this service to customers, surely not.

We wanted to let you know that we’re here to help. Here’s how…

Virgin Media Technical Support is free for any Virgin Media service or equipment issues. For help with your computer or anything digital, we’ve got another service. It’s called Digital Home Support and it gives you instant access to a team of technical experts 24/7.

It's just like having your very own IT help desk!

You can get Digital Home Support by paying a monthly fee that starts at just £6 a month – that works out at less than 20p a day. Or, you can pay as and when you need help.

To find out more and download our free PC health check tool, go to virginmedia.com/dhs or call us for free on 0800 014 7394.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Pretty sure i had that mail months ago ?

Also if they are charging for support on a device they have not supplied to you ie your TV or your own Router then why not. Why should VM support customers routers that they did not supply,

Next people will expect there water supplier to fix there washing machine or the gas people to fix an electric cooker for free as well :rolleyes:

VMboy
31-10-2010, 09:17
I would not be calling them if it wasn't something supplied by Virgin Media, and I don't have a router.

Sirius
31-10-2010, 09:32
I would not be calling them if it wasn't something supplied by Virgin Media, and I don't have a router.

Then it does not affect you does it, You answered your own question. Point out where it says they are going to charge users for support of the Kit they supplied.

Toto
31-10-2010, 10:44
It doesn't, does it.

That email is about VM Digital Home Support (http://www.virginmedia.com/dhs), which is a service for customers that require help outside of what VM support offers.

Normal technical support regarding your connection, and value added services such as email and personal webspace is still handled by technical support.

Kymmy
31-10-2010, 11:16
Was discussed months ago

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10/33663945-digital-home-support-from-virginmedia.html

Link given thread closed