PDA

View Full Version : Ambit-256 drivers

triggaafg
28-10-2010, 12:31
im sorry if this is in the wrong place but ive searched and dont know where to place it. So here i go
Are there any drivers availiable for the Ambit-256 modem? ive searched all through google nothing seems to come up, so it would be appreciated if someone could show me them?
thanks

MovedGoalPosts
28-10-2010, 12:37
You shouldn't need drivers, or any software for the modem. All you need is a working ethernet port on your own computer. Power off the modem and computer, plug in the network cable between modem and computer. Power on modem, power on computer.

If your computer isn't detecting the internet connection, then, assuming you have power cycled the modem (necessary every time you change the computer connected directly to the modem), you need to be lookinng at your own computer's network connection settings.

triggaafg
28-10-2010, 12:39
thanks =]
i was stuck becuase i got a new netbook today and i put in my ethernet cable to try and connect but it wasnt working
but thanks alot

MovedGoalPosts
28-10-2010, 13:17
You have to reboot the modem (power off, power on) every time you switch the computer (or other device) connected to the modem.

To avoid having to do the power off / on thing you need to get a router. The router connects to the modem. Computers then connect to the router. If you get a wireless enabled router, which must be for cable, not ADSL, then your netbook won't even need to be in reach of that ethernet lead ;)