PDA

View Full Version : 50 MB upgrade

mam
27-10-2010, 13:22
Hi,

Just wondering if its worth upgrading to the 50MB package ?.

I currently have the 20MB package,and was wondering what your opinions are.If its helps I live in Bristol.

Thank you

pip08456
27-10-2010, 13:41
1st you have to consider what your 20Mb is like as areas of Bristol are affected by students (hammer the connection).

If you do not experience problems due to them then you should not have a problem.

Do not expect upgrading to 50Mb to solve a congestion/utilisation problem if that is what you suffer from.

If your 20Mb is problem free then take advantage of the 50Mb by all means, I am on it and barring a couple of small problems in the beginning have been quite happy for almost a year.

The choice is yours.

mam
27-10-2010, 18:19
Hi,and thank for the reply.

I have been with Virgin Media for 4 years.In that time, I have not had any real problems with my connection (fingers still crossed as I type this)

My speed according to Speedtest.Net is always between 18-19 Mb.So I hope if I upgrade to 50 Mb ,it will be problem free.

I will phone Virgin tomorrow and find out what deals they have at the moment.

Cheers

hemelvirgin
29-10-2010, 15:37
Hi,and thank for the reply.

I have been with Virgin Media for 4 years.In that time, I have not had any real problems with my connection (fingers still crossed as I type this)

My speed according to Speedtest.Net is always between 18-19 Mb.So I hope if I upgrade to 50 Mb ,it will be problem free.

I will phone Virgin tomorrow and find out what deals they have at the moment.

Cheers

looking at vm web for existing customers its £20 activation ONLY to be upgraded to XXL.

i am paying £37 for XL bb.

have asked for guidance also on another thread.

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

looking at vm web for existing customers its £20 activation ONLY to be upgraded to XXL.

i am paying £37 for XL bb.

have asked for guidance also on another thread.

rang 150 he said "its only another £8 a month extra for me to get 50 mb",so thats £45 a month for 50meg. WHERE AS NEW CUSTOMERS PAY ONLY £28 A MONTH (plus vm phone) .

i said no thanks