PDA

View Full Version : v+ box smart card

jaycee21
26-10-2010, 10:48
hi everyone ! i dont know if this is the right place to post this anyways my brother has just changed over to sky and has give me his samsung v+hd box i plugged it all in to my current vm connection it says card not paired what do i have to do to get it to work any help would be great many thanks peeps jc

MovedGoalPosts
26-10-2010, 10:50
You cannot use the V+ without your own subscription. The V+ is hired to your brother as part of his Virgin Media Service. You need to give the box back to him as he will be charged for it.

jaycee21
26-10-2010, 10:55
even though hes paid £150 for it ? ive got v+hd down stairs and an v box upstairs just wanted to swap v box upstairs for v+hd box both have got full package do i need to ring virgin for a new smart card ? PLEASE DONT HAVE A GO AT ME AS AM NO TECH GUY LOL :confused:

Stephen
26-10-2010, 10:58
He needs to return the V+ to VM as he could get charged for it as its the property of VM still.

You will not be able to use it at all as it is linked to the account. You would need to call and get a new V+ of your own.

AndyCambs
26-10-2010, 10:59
I'd refer your brother to the Virgin Media terms and conditions (http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-cable-services.html#equipment)

2b. Keep the equipment under your control (for example, you may not sell it, lend it or hire it out to anyone else, put it up as security for a loan or mortgage, or allow it to be seized under any legal process against you). You must not move our equipment from your home without our permission;
4.If we or you end these agreements, or you decide to disconnect from some of our services, you must return our equipment to us (or let us collect it from you if we choose to do this). You must return equipment or make it available for collection in a reasonable condition, allowing for fair wear and tear. If you fail to return or make available the equipment for collection for any reason, we are entitled to charge you for the replacement cost of the equipment.

MovedGoalPosts
26-10-2010, 11:00
He would have paid back in the day when V+ was new. Part of that was installation and admin costs and part if I recall correctly a discount on some of the billing.

The point is that VM hire the kit to their customer as part of the rental. More to the point you are only subscribed for your single V+ and V box, not two V+ boxes. If you want two V+ you have to pay for them to be hired to you on your subscription.

jaycee21
26-10-2010, 11:27
is it worth me ringing virgin and asking there advice

MovedGoalPosts
26-10-2010, 11:29
Yes Virgin Media will tell you how much it will cost you to add a V+ to your subscription and will then supply you with a V+ if you agree to the subscription. They will not connect the V+ you have been given by your brother.

You will not be able to use the V+ supplied to your brother and should return that to him as he will, at some point, need to get it back to Virgin Media.

Stephen
26-10-2010, 11:29
No they will tell you exactly the same. If you look at my sig I work for them.

He needs to return that box otherwise he might get billed for it.

jaycee21
26-10-2010, 12:18
ok peeps thanks for ALL your help

Kymmy
26-10-2010, 14:40
This is the issue which was confusing me the other day, people have paid £150 and believe that they own the box, instead as Ben pointed out to me (and Rob has repeated here) the money was admin/install/billing discount and the box is still owned by VM..

vanman
26-10-2010, 17:48
he will be charged £250
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/attachments/64/attachment-20857d1283293281-kk-001.jpg

jaycee21
26-10-2010, 18:15
blimey do you all work for virgin lol feel like am outta my depth here anyways a great big long walk over the road to my brothers and the box is safely back at his house idid tell him the virgin police may come looking for the box but a reply of like they did the last one.its still under the stairs from the other year lol.anyways A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP !

Dave_
26-10-2010, 19:25
They tend not to bother if its an older SA or pace V box. Being a V+ though they WILL want it back and if they dont get it they WILL bill him for £250.

vanman
26-10-2010, 19:48
They tend not to bother if its an older SA or pace V box. .
oh they do thats my job to pick up V.M equipment .
most of the stb boxs are SA and PACE as people leave VM for the sky hd offers.