Hello,

I am trying to setup an internet connection on my new tv,

I use an imac, if that helps,

it asks for IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS how do i find these out

many thanks

Martin

blade85
21-10-2010, 22:58
all you need to do is get into the menu of your wireless router.

to do so most routers use the following address: 192.168.2.1 (just type it into your web browser), 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1.

if thats not it, check the manual for your router. orrrr google it.

martkt10
21-10-2010, 23:00
all you need to do is get into the menu of your wireless router.

to do so most routers use the following address: 192.168.2.1 (just type it into your web browser), 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1.

if thats not it, check the manual for your router. orrrr google it.

dont have a router, just a switch box

smeeg
22-10-2010, 07:49
dont have a router, just a switch box

If you intend to use more than one device at a time on your cable modem then it sounds to me like you need to buy yourself a router. This will take care of issuing IP addresses, DNS information etc automatically, which the TV should then pick up (assuming it uses DHCP, which it should but check the TV manual) If it does not use DHCP then the info will be available from the router's basic settings screen accessed as stated earlier.
When adding the router to your system make sure you power down the modem, connect and power up the router and then re power the modem. Then power up the imac and or TV.
Good luck :)

martkt10
22-10-2010, 10:16
If you intend to use more than one device at a time on your cable modem then it sounds to me like you need to buy yourself a router. This will take care of issuing IP addresses, DNS information etc automatically, which the TV should then pick up (assuming it uses DHCP, which it should but check the TV manual) If it does not use DHCP then the info will be available from the router's basic settings screen accessed as stated earlier.
When adding the router to your system make sure you power down the modem, connect and power up the router and then re power the modem. Then power up the imac and or TV.
Good luck :)

Iv just ordered a router, hope this does the trick!

thanks all