PDA

View Full Version : Question

sallan2000
21-10-2010, 15:12
Hi,

My cable modem is located in my bedroom (it was like this when I moved in)

It appears that a VM engineer will need to pop round as I have a bust V+ box, do you think the engineer could relocate the cable modem to my living room at the same time?

The splitter in the living room is full but can another splitter be connected to it?

Thanks

Steven

pip08456
21-10-2010, 15:17
You can always ask him.

sallan2000
21-10-2010, 15:20
I will be at work and the wife will be there for him?

If I disconnect the cable modem and leave it out for him, will that be enough?

What would be involved in the move?
Thx

pabscars
21-10-2010, 15:58
just a quick question, what is the splitter in the livingroom doing at the moment, is it possible it is splitting the cable coming into your property and feeding the cable into your bedroom where its connected to the modem, and the other side is feeding your V+ box?

If so you should be able to unscrew the feed going to your bedroom (and leave it unconnected) and get your Mrs to ask the engineer if he could make up a new short lead to go from the splitter in your living room for the soon to be moved modem.

If this isn't how things are set up maybe you could explain in more detail

sallan2000
21-10-2010, 16:15
Yup, the living room splitter goes into the V+ and a cable comes from the living room splitter and goes to the bedroom where there is a STB and a cable modem so there must be another splitter there as well.

pip08456
21-10-2010, 16:29
Just get the other half to ask him and he will most likely do it. Not a big job at all. Don't forget he is not required to so tell her to be nice to him.

sallan2000
21-10-2010, 16:31
Will do, thanks folks!

pabscars
21-10-2010, 21:05
Yup, the living room splitter goes into the V+ and a cable comes from the living room splitter and goes to the bedroom where there is a STB and a cable modem so there must be another splitter there as well.

In that case just remove the splitter in the bedroom, and connect the cable direct to the STB, you will then be left with a splitter and 2 spare cables.

Take the modem into the living room and attach the spare splitter to the cable going into the back of the V+ then attach the 2 spare cables one to the back of the V+ and the other into the modem.

Job done :)

Then at a later date or when the engineer turns up ask him if he's got a triple splitter to replace the 2 doubles and neaten things up a bit.