PDA

View Full Version : Installation Question...

tezzad
19-10-2010, 00:50
Hi there folks,
this is only my second post..so give me a break if it seems stupid :doh:

I've just orederd the VIP50 package and my install is booked for early next month...however, I'm also awaiting the arrival of a new Samsung 50'' tv.
So my first question is..will there be any compatibily issues with the V+HD box and my new TV (or the 32" Samsung in my bedroom for that matter with the V HD box)..or are the issues only with Sharp tv's?

Secondly, when the engineer arrives I'm going to be asking him to move my installation from one end of my living room to the other (have to do this because my new telly won't fit where the old one is now)..will this be a problem for him to move the tv and BB cables..and is he likely to charge extra..or does this still come under a standard install as it's still in the same room?

Thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated
Regards
tezzad.

EDIT:
Just realised the part or all of this post should be in the installation section, sorry about that! :doh:

Digital Fanatic
19-10-2010, 01:00
Hi there folks,
this is only my second post..so give me a break if it seems stupid :doh:

I've just orederd the VIP50 package and my install is booked for early next month...however, I'm also awaiting the arrival of a new Samsung 50'' tv.
So my first question is..will there be any compatibily issues with the V+HD box and my new TV (or the 32" Samsung in my bedroom for that matter with the V HD box)..or are the issues only with Sharp tv's?

Secondly, when the engineer arrives I'm going to be asking him to move my installation from one end of my living room to the other (have to do this because my new telly won't fit where the old one is now)..will this be a problem for him to move the tv and BB cables..and is he likely to charge extra..or does this still come under a standard install as it's still in the same room?

Thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated
Regards
tezzad.

EDIT:
Just realised the part or all of this post should be in the installation section, sorry about that! :doh:

:welcome: to the forum :waving: :wavey:

There is no compatibility issues with Samsung TV's that I'm aware of, so you should be ok.

Are you a new or existing VM customer? If you are a new install then the tech will install where ever (within reason) you want the V-box and BBI.

:)

tezzad
19-10-2010, 01:11
Thanks for the welcome :)
Good news on the TV front..woo hoo!
To answer your question I'm an existing customer..so is there likely to be a charge for moving the equipment/cables? (bear in mid that I don't live in a palace, so my living room ain't that big..lol)

Digital Fanatic
19-10-2010, 13:29
Thanks for the welcome :)
Good news on the TV front..woo hoo!
To answer your question I'm an existing customer..so is there likely to be a charge for moving the equipment/cables? (bear in mid that I don't live in a palace, so my living room ain't that big..lol)

Best thing to do would to call VM and make sure it's on the install order. the installer may leave you extra cable to do it yourself if he doesn't have time.

joe-1981
19-10-2010, 14:04
HI mate welcome to the site :D as a rule VM installation engineers are not insured to move your AV equipment, they may however lend a hand. I would have it in place prior to the installation date if possible

tezzad
19-10-2010, 22:59
Thanks for the replies guys, yeah I didn't want the engineer to move my tv....basically my modem/router and v box are at the front of my living room at the moment...when he calls out to install the new equipment I want him to install it to the back of my living room, where I will already have my new tv setup.

joe-1981
20-10-2010, 08:42
Thanks for the replies guys, yeah I didn't want the engineer to move my tv....basically my modem/router and v box are at the front of my living room at the moment...when he calls out to install the new equipment I want him to install it to the back of my living room, where I will already have my new tv setup.

They should do that on request mate providing they have easy access to the new location cup of tea usually helps as well :D

i am not scouse
20-10-2010, 11:20
Hi tazzad, i had problems with a samsung tv connected to the older samsung Vbox through scart (channel kept changing from scart to tv1) was advised to upgrade to a v+ by a tech after 2 previous visits and box swaps didnt help. ive now swaped the v+ for cisco V-HD through scart and everything is running fine.. Apparently there is an issue were some samsung tv's wont work with samsung vboxes.

johnathome
20-10-2010, 12:35
Hi tazzad, i had problems with a samsung tv connected to the older samsung Vbox through scart (channel kept changing from scart to tv1) was advised to upgrade to a v+ by a tech after 2 previous visits and box swaps didnt help. ive now swaped the v+ for cisco V-HD through scart and everything is running fine.. Apparently there is an issue were some samsung tv's wont work with samsung vboxes.

Did they charge you for that upgrade?

I have a v box in the bedroom but as i now have an HD tv there i'd like to upgrade, just cant justify the £49 at the mo.

tezzad
21-10-2010, 00:01

Hmm, scary news..both my TV's are Samsung one is a few months old..the other will be brand new (hasn't arrived yet)..I'll be getting two new v boxes aswell, a V+HD and a V-HD..both will be connected by HDMI cables tho..so I'm hoping not to have any problems.

jonbxx
21-10-2010, 08:34
I've got a Samsung TV and it connects to a Samsung STB with HDMI, no problems at all. Enjoy your new telly!

i am not scouse
21-10-2010, 12:42
Hi john yes they did charge(£49) but it was well worth it as it used to really bug me with the constant channel change, and tezzad the tech told me it was only a problem with the scart, ive had a samsung V+hd box plugged in to the same tv through hdmi and never had a problem, and now the v-hd through scart and its all fine.

jb66
21-10-2010, 13:46
Im a service tech and we are not supposed to do what you ask without charging, but if its an easy job, you could ask nicely and if you've moved everything out the way ready for it to be done it'd be too hard to say no :)

tezzad
21-10-2010, 19:28
Thanks for all the replies people, really helpful and informative, what I've learned is..if I'm nice to the tech guy, have everything in place..and offer him a cuppa, hey may move my install point free of charge..and also it seems there will be no compatibility issues with my tellys..so good news all round!!!

Just on a side note..those of you who are on the VIP package..how do you find it..is it worth the money..and just how good is High-Def TV?

Fitze73
22-10-2010, 08:54
hi-def is the db's lol.... i had mine upgraded to vip50 last thursday (14th), really have been impressed with pic & sound on the sky movie/sports HD channels...... the tech who did my install even swapped my v+ (SA) box to a new samsung v+ HD so i have 2 new shiny samsung v+ hd boxes all in all seems fine (touch wood)

Kymmy
22-10-2010, 09:44
Thread moved to Installation forum