PDA

View Full Version : Video streaming on 50meg??

philwhite100
17-10-2010, 17:44
I am having terrible trouble streaming youtube videos on my ipod touch on my 50meg service.
If i use the ipod at friends houses (not on Virgin cable) it streams without issue
The problem is that it buffers very quickly and often i get wireless drop outs even in a direct line of sight with the DIR615.
Moving the router around and adjusting the antennas makes no difference as does any setting on the router.

No problems on any device thats wired, only wireless.

Has anyone any ideas what might be causing this??

philwhite100
17-10-2010, 18:33
I have just logged onto the DIR615 and it is firmware version 1.00VG
When i click on update it searches then tells me it is the latest version installed.

Is this correct??

Forgot to mention also that on the Dlink website it asks if it is hardware revision B2 or D1. Mine is D2 so i guess no update is available.
Is this because it is locked down somehow??

taylorig
19-10-2010, 20:11
I have just logged onto the DIR615 and it is firmware version 1.00VG
When i click on update it searches then tells me it is the latest version installed.

Is this correct??

Forgot to mention also that on the Dlink website it asks if it is hardware revision B2 or D1. Mine is D2 so i guess no update is available.
Is this because it is locked down somehow??

Back when i used to use the official Dlink firmwares i used the D1 firmware on a D2 and didn't make much difference in perfomance or broke the unit in any way.

Personally (And i have) gone for the DD-WRT route for with the DIR-615. You'll be amazed at what DD-WRT can do to your router. And yes there can be some small issues like everything but it's way better than VM or Dlink's firmware's.

Link for the D series DIR-615 http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61155

Direct Link for all the firmwares ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/

Good luck with whatever you choose anyway ;)

pip08456
19-10-2010, 23:03
DD-WRT is the way to go!