PDA

View Full Version : Unusual problem.

daffy
16-10-2010, 22:57
Hi Guys,

I wonder if you might be able to come up with a solution to a problem I'm having with my emails on all ntlworld user accounts.
For some strange reason I cant seem to receive emails to any of my ntlworld accounts that have come from another ntlworld account.

I have been using the same ntlworld accounts for a number of years on outlook express, office outlook 2007, and more recently windows live mail without any problems and there have been no changes made at my end to any settings.

I have tried sending from say my ntlworld address to my wife's address and the email looks as though its sent ok, but when I check her inbox there's nothing there. It's like the email has been sent but between leaving the sent folder and arriving in the inbox it disappears into thin air.

I even tried sending to her mums address (it never arrived at her inbox, but was showing as sent in my account)........I then tried sending from her mums email to mine and the wife's but again nothing arrived at our end, but was showing as sent in her mums account.

It's been doing my head in for the last few days now.

I have used a non ntlworld email account to send to our ntlworld addresses and each test message has arrived fine. I have also sent messages from our ntlworld accounts to various other non ntlworld accounts and again all worked fine.

It just seems to be between sending to and from ntlworld accounts.

I've tried speaking to Virgin Media, but that's just a waste of time..........they constantly keep trying to tell me everything is working fine because they sent me a test email that I did receive....................but I only received that because it came from a virginmedia address and not an ntlworld address.

Any help, suggestions, and ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.

nopcode
16-10-2010, 23:12
Hi daffy, have you tried accessing your email from the webmail client?

http://mail.ntlworld.com

I think is the direct link.

I often find that since my main account migrated to the gmail version that emails sometime do not get found by live mail, but they are actually on the webmail server.

Have you also checked your blocked senders tab, and message rules to make sure that the mails are not being deleted or sent to spam or trash?

Ps I really hate to be picky but this should be in email and browser issues :) To get the best answers

pip08456
16-10-2010, 23:28
Ps I really hate to be picky but this should be in email and browser issues :) To get the best answers

Nah, be picky as it's true. However I think you have to change the port settings in your client accounts.

Ports 465 and 995 come to mind. Not sure though.

nopcode
16-10-2010, 23:49
Nah, be picky as it's true. However I think you have to change the port settings in your client accounts.

Ports 465 and 995 come to mind. Not sure though.

Windows Live Mail does a great job of auto configuring accounts (usually ;)). It might be easier to remove and readd the accounts again in there, after backing up any email of course.

I followed VMs own step by step to try and update my old outlook express and it was slightly annoying to say the least.

But yup cheers for reminding me of those pesky non default ports pip!!