PDA

View Full Version : No picture when switched on

Nugget
12-10-2010, 17:47
I'm hoping that someone can help me - I updated my PS3 via the new Spiderman game on Sunday but, about 5 minutes in, the TV screen just went black...

The power is still going to the console, so I know it's not that, and my 360 is displaying fine so I know it's not the TV - I'm guessing that the RGB / scart lead is fubar'd, but does anyone have any suggestions before I fork out for a new one?

TIA :tu:

MadGamer
12-10-2010, 17:48
have you a spare cable to try, just to rule out any faults?

Nugget
12-10-2010, 18:34
have you a spare cable to try, just to rule out any faults?

Nah, which is the problem - I don't mind getting one, but I don't want to pay top whack if there's something else I can try first :)

MadGamer
12-10-2010, 22:07
Could you borrow from a friend or neighbour? :)

D_Skids
13-10-2010, 10:05
Try a reset of the PS3. Turn it off at the back, hold the front power button down and power back on from the back whilst keeping the front button held down until you hear a second beep. This should reset the video settings to default and you can then go into the settings and set it how you want.

Nugget
13-10-2010, 11:08
Try a reset of the PS3. Turn it off at the back, hold the front power button down and power back on from the back whilst keeping the front button held down until you hear a second beep. This should reset the video settings to default and you can then go into the settings and set it how you want.

Thanks for that - I'll try it when I get home :)

Nugget
13-10-2010, 17:29

And that worked! You're a good man and, on behalf of both my friend and I, I thank you for saving me from a short-term future bereft of GT5 :)