PDA

View Full Version : Router sent by Virgin can i sell it?

i love virgin
11-10-2010, 19:28
I had a problem with my Wireless router a while back but the problem was fixed by myself but Virgin still sent me a new Wireless router so its just sitting around the house doing nothing.

So Can i sell it? or would i have to send it back to Virgin?

I am just asking before i did sell it and find out that i cant.

Juo
11-10-2010, 19:46
Im fairly sure the WiFi router remains the property of Virgin Media, however when mine was installed the engineer fully assured me after the contract id be able to hold onto it, I've also a got a few friends that have a rather impressive collection of old BT and o2 routers that they have never sent back (and they have never been fined).

Perusing eBay it seems a fair few people sell their Virgin Media routers http://is.gd/fXutF which is probably why they are worth a pittance.

Peter_
11-10-2010, 19:49
This is what the Terms and Conditions state.

Wireless router for XXL: Wireless router and adapter are included in your package. Equipment remains property of Virgin Media.

kwikbreaks
11-10-2010, 21:02
When I got my router for 20Mbps VM included an N USB adaptor which they shouldn't have. They then billed for it and when I complained about that they weren't interested in getting it back even though I got the £20 they charged back.

I don't doubt that VM still retain ownership of all the kit they provide but it seems to me that the only bits they are concerned about are the modems.

Radeon
11-10-2010, 22:34
Sold my router on eBay because I wanted the "setup and activation fee" back for which I had been a customer for many years, so being charged an activation fee is disgusting for a product that's already installed and been activated for years. Plus I own a high end router anyway so the Virgin router was useless to me.

Got my money for the router and made a little profit :p:

Grimpy
12-10-2010, 11:10
I sold my router as soon as i got it.

mjpartyboy
14-10-2010, 10:44
Perusing eBay it seems a fair few people sell their Virgin Media routers http://is.gd/fXutF which is probably why they are worth a pittance.

It's probably because no matter what firmware you use on the DIR-615, D-Link or DD-WRT, it doesn't change the fact it's just a rubbish router.

Radeon
14-10-2010, 11:05
It's probably because no matter what firmware you use on the DIR-615, D-Link or DD-WRT, it doesn't change the fact it's just a rubbish router.

No problem selling mine. Sold my DIR-615 for £35 plus £5 postage and the WNR2000 £31 plus £5 postage.