PDA

View Full Version : Hello

morley04
09-10-2010, 16:18
Hello,

I have been suffering from high upstream utilization for 3/4months now and everytime i asked when it would be fixed they just keept pushing the dates back.

So i decided to contact the CEO's Office and actually got a reply :)

I asked for an update today and was told " They need to perform further tests to see how this can be rectified and whether it is possible to introduce new connections in your area " i was a bit baffeld :dunce:

Then she said " The high utilisation has been caused by resegmentation in your area so they are currently looking to see if it is possible to combine a couple of nodes and create a new upstream port. "

Can you knowledgeable people put it in plain english?

Thanks in advance.

pip08456
09-10-2010, 16:46
There is a lot of work going on on the network as they prepare for and roll out larger upload speeds on all tiers.

The bonding and resegmentation are all a part of that and should solve your problem.

It's ongoing in all areas so as to when your problem will be solved is .................

morley04
09-10-2010, 16:52
I do hope so :) next update is on monday :)

Sephiroth
09-10-2010, 21:24
Reesegmenatation isn't supposed to result in reduced upstream performance. The exercise is adding upstream capacity and redistributing homes across the increased capacity.

if you're on a temporary "swing" segment then there may be temporary congestion if they've done this without caring about their action - which is bad because they never bothered telling you (if that's what happened).

Jayster
09-10-2010, 21:41
Kind of off topic but are you getting credited for the service disruption? If not its worth a try phoning up and complaining.

morley04
09-10-2010, 22:33
Im not being credited becuase i havent called them because i think its gonna be too much hassel explaining it to the call center staff.

Peter_
10-10-2010, 09:52
Im not being credited becuase i havent called them because i think its gonna be too much hassel explaining it to the call center staff.
You need to keep calling so as any notes on the account can show evidence of the issue with regards possible compensation, no evidence no compensation.

The CEO's office can only go by the evidence provided by your account as well, so keep calling.

morley04
11-10-2010, 19:10
I contacted the customer service team and i was told they cannot credit me untill the open issue is resolved :) http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1286817588&v=11099193 my new personal best

xxxxxx
11-10-2010, 23:14
I contacted the customer service team and i was told they cannot credit me untill the open issue is resolved :) http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1286817588&v=11099193 my new personal best

Are they using that same excuse?

The L7 area has had high utilization for the last 2 and a half years; which they've claimed to have fixed countless times, but the problem just keeps coming back and back and back.

morley04
12-10-2010, 00:01
Well hopefully the lady dealing with this from teh CEO's office will try and get it sorted

morley04
12-10-2010, 15:47
My latest update

"Our area manager has advised that this issue is scheduled to be fixed by 18 October"