PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media TV Phone & Broadband

del14
08-10-2010, 11:44
Hello I have been a customer with Virgin for as many years as I could remember. Without notice they put it up a small amount one month the the following month up again over 125%, on query being raised several times i got told it is the managements instructions and every day they are taking calls of the same nature, resulting in customers cancelling. I was offered nothing to resolve the query, so after so many years and lots of effort on my behalf to remain with them, nothing was offerred from Virgin and with the over 125% increase, i then did cancel. I have since joined sky and have to say thankyou to Virgin as it was the best move ive done, all services are better and cheaper.

Thanks you should all look for change

Virgin have really lost the plot, my connection was being throttled and in any case never delivered the said 10 meg, an average of half that come then end would be a more than generous comment, even down as low as 1 meg at times (frequent). The TV pack wasnt good value, the box wasnt great, catchup was about the best offering. Have to say one important factor Both Virgin and Sky installations are extremely poor. I had to redo the sky install of cable. They must be paid on peace work because if i described it as thrown in, that would be to generous.

Peter_
08-10-2010, 11:54
I have had both services well before working for Virginmedia and had SKY removed within 4 months because after 3 boxes and long waits for engineers we were able to get out of the contract because they could not fulfil the terms and conditions of service, also be aware that after 12 months they will charge you for any engineer visit.

Here are some other thoughts for you to peruse.http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11/33670509-very-happy-with-virgin-media.html#post35105603

roger skillin
08-10-2010, 12:24
Hello I have been a customer with Virgin for as many years as I could remember. Without notice they put it up a small amount one month the the following month up again over 125%, on query being raised several times i got told it is the managements instructions and every day they are taking calls of the same nature, resulting in customers cancelling. I was offered nothing to resolve the query, so after so many years and lots of effort on my behalf to remain with them, nothing was offerred from Virgin and with the over 125% increase, i then did cancel. I have since joined sky and have to say thankyou to Virgin as it was the best move ive done, all services are better and cheaper.

Thanks you should all look for change

Virgin have really lost the plot, my connection was being throttled and in any case never delivered the said 10 meg, an average of half that come then end would be a more than generous comment, even down as low as 1 meg at times (frequent). The TV pack wasnt good value, the box wasnt great, catchup was about the best offering. Have to say one important factor Both Virgin and Sky installations are extremely poor. I had to redo the sky install of cable. They must be paid on peace work because if i described it as thrown in, that would be to generous.

Your connection would have been throttled on a regular basis because you must have been downloading an awful lot of stuff, i was on 10mb for a while,got 10mb most of the time, 20mb for 2 years got 20mb speed and now 50mb and you can see from my sig i get 50mb too,have fun with your slow ADSL connection and having to pay for an engineer after 12 months lol

Pog66
08-10-2010, 13:22
why do i suspect a troll? - 125% increase in a month :erm:

del14
08-10-2010, 13:28
Your connection would have been throttled on a regular basis because you must have been downloading an awful lot of stuff, i was on 10mb for a while,got 10mb most of the time, 20mb for 2 years got 20mb speed and now 50mb and you can see from my sig i get 50mb too,have fun with your slow ADSL connection and having to pay for an engineer after 12 months lol[/QUOTE

I wasnt really downloading that much, however what service offers you something, you pay for it, but if you use it, it will be stopped or as good as.
Have to say was with them for over 15 years, never happened before. Someone at Virgin has lot the plot and gotten to greedy. If you cant supply it dont offer it.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

[QUOTE=Pog66;35105765]why do i suspect a troll? - 125% increase in a month :erm:

No idea, on speaking to them, i was informed the directive from above was to remove all loyalty discounts and offers. I was also told they are getting calls galore and were not allowed to do anything exept say that is the price now. Great way to boost customers especially given over 15 years with them without me changing to any other.
Again glad i did, so far anyway sky speeds increasing and better that i had with Virgin or should i say more consitent. Speed still expected to rise.

pip08456
08-10-2010, 14:11
why do i suspect a troll? - 125% increase in a month :erm:

Got to agree. If not post a copy of the bill showing the 125% increase.

del14
08-10-2010, 16:05
I can promise you it is genuine, if you choose to believe otherwise then your entitled to believe what you like. If you have been with virgin you will also be aware they do not show any price increase, they just supply a priced bill. I have nothing to gain or gain by putting my experience on here, but i have put it on to allow anyone who wants a truthful experience, thats exactly what i have put on here and elsewhere. I can also assure you i have just had my first part month of sky. Why else would i have been in a position to comment about the installations. The experience is due to the price increase, which is unjust and I made several attempts to remain with Virgin via telephone and mail. I have to say again i am more than pleased with Sky at present in comparison to virgin experiences leading up to the cancellation. For 15 years prior I have only had one problem that took almost a year to resolve under Virgin, prior to that i was with NTL.
I think customer service is the key, if you have any doubts again its up to you, i hope you have better service that I had.
If you work for Virgin I am happy to supply you with my cancelled telephone number and account, however you will need to prove as in general i would not give out personal details.

Peter_
08-10-2010, 16:17
I can promise you it is genuine, if you choose to believe otherwise then your entitled to believe what you like. If you have been with virgin you will also be aware they do not show any price increase, they just supply a priced bill. I have nothing toi have put on loose or gain by putting my experience on here, but i have put it on to allow anyone who wants a truthful experience, thats exactly what i have put on here. I can also assure you i have just had my first part month of sky. Why else would i have been in a position to comment about the installations.
The experience that you had of Virginmedia may be true as is mine above with SKY, but mine is many years ago but enough of an issue to ensure that they never get the chance to sting me again.

I also have issues with SKY sending out engineers were they either charge you or expect you to pay a subscription to get an engineer to your property after you have been with them a year, plus they are unlikely to appear within a 48 hour SLA as with Virginmedia.

Everyone has a choice and you have made yours, so I hope it all works out well for you.:)

del14
08-10-2010, 16:36
Got to agree. If not post a copy of the bill showing the 125% increase.

here is the last part of contact I had with Virgin via email.

Sent: 29 July 2010 22:53
To: ****************
Subject: RE: ****Virgin media complaint***
Hello June

Many thanks, it was obviously done as the account was shut and therefore no charges should have been applied. It is still however unfortunate that after so many years that Virgin were not wanting to retain my custom. The billing system needs such a vast sorting as no one would accept what they did with 125% increase in charges. Due to this It is unlikely I will try or recommend Virgin again.

I still do not believe the person Neil passed this to resolve looked or understood the problems.

Many thanks

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

I guess then that proves the doubters. As an employer you are likely to get a good service and more importantly resolve a problem should it arise. As i mention I had been with them many years, it is a real problem to get any problem resolved, luckily i never had to many, and until recent months the broadband wasnt bad, i used to get 3 - 8 mg in general, but recent months went below 1 and with the price increases or mess up that they didnt not resolve, despite being requested to do so by the Virgin Top Man.
I am sure both have good and bad experiences. But you have to agree an increase of that proportion or anywhere like that isnt acceptable.

pip08456
08-10-2010, 16:38
here is the last part of contact I had with Virgin via email.

Hello June

Many thanks, it was obviously done as the account was shut and therefore no charges should have been applied. It is still however unfortunate that after so many years that Virgin were not wanting to retain my custom. The billing system needs such a vast sorting as no one would accept what they did with 125% increase in charges. Due to this It is unlikely I will try or recommend Virgin again.

I still do not believe the person Neil passed this to resolve looked or understood the problems.

Many thanks

Hello June

Many thanks, it is obvious I live in cloud cuckoo land as I expect my above post to be accepted as proof of a 125% increase in charges.

As demonstrated anyone can make a post purporting to be a true fact when in fact it is a load of B*******s. Due to this It is unlikely I will try to pull the wool over the eyes of anyone again.

Many thanks

So the copy of the bill???

del14
08-10-2010, 16:43
Hello June

Many thanks, it is obvious I live in cloud cuckoo land as I expect my above post to be accepted as proof of a 125% increase in charges.

As demonstrated anyone can make a post purporting to be a true fact when in fact it is a load of B*******s. Due to this It is unlikely I will try to pull the wool over the eyes of anyone again.

Many thanks

So the copy of the bill???

Again its up to you, if you wish not to believe then do so, but putting silly comments on is just that silly.
Masque has just asked me to remove the names from the email as he obviously recognised the name and email of the last contact.

arcimedes
08-10-2010, 17:00
OK so name of employee is correct the rest of the message proves nothing. Post the bill or go away.

pip08456
08-10-2010, 17:07
What you have to remember is that when you accuse a company of doing something then you must be able to back up that accusation. This can be done many ways such as a link to a web page where you sourced the informatrion or in your case a copy of your bill ( with your personal details removed of course) etc.

The reason for my post was to show that you have provided nothing to back up your claim that without notice they put it up a small amount one month the the following month up again over 125%, on query being raised several times i got told it is the managements instructions and every day they are taking calls of the same nature, resulting in customers cancelling.

If it was the case both this forum and the VM one (others too) would be full of complaints about it.

Go figure.

Peter_
08-10-2010, 18:51
OK so name of employee is correct the rest of the message proves nothing. Post the bill or go away.
As far as I am concerned it is the personal choice of the OP that they say that they moved to SKY because of billing issues and that is their choice, so I see no real reason for them to post details of bill as they have already moved to SKY.

I do not know the person whose name you posted but with a surname it is so easy to work out the corporate email address, so I will always ask for its removal if spotted soon enough as the Site Administrators and Moderators have now refused point blank to remove them unless that person registers with this site and asks for their names removal which is quite wrong in the eyes of all registered Virginmedia employees that are members of this forum.

pip08456
08-10-2010, 20:48
As far as I am concerned it is the personal choice of the OP that they say that they moved to SKY because of billing issues and that is their choice, so I see no real reason for them to post details of bill as they have already moved to SKY.

I do not know the person whose name you posted but with a surname it is so easy to work out the corporate email address, so I will always ask for its removal if spotted soon enough as the Site Administrators and Moderators have now refused point blank to remove them unless that person registers with this site and asks for their names removal which is quite wrong in the eyes of all registered Virginmedia employees that are members of this forum.

I too have no problem with someone moving due to billing issues or any other issue. What I do object to is a statement of company policy change which would affect all customers without the relevant evidence to back up the claim.

Bottom line he's gone from VM, they haven't increased their charges by 125% to anyone so good riddance (unless of course someone knows different and can prove it!)

Peter_
09-10-2010, 06:16
I too have no problem with someone moving due to billing issues or any other issue. What I do object to is a statement of company policy change which would affect all customers without the relevant evidence to back up the claim.

Bottom line he's gone from VM, they haven't increased their charges by 125% to anyone so good riddance (unless of course someone knows different and can prove it!)
As I said above it is up to the OP as to what services he goes for, if he felt short changed he should have complained to OFCOM and not just left as the are procedures to follow.

RobboEdin
09-10-2010, 10:18

As I said above it is up to the OP as to what services he goes for, if he felt short changed he should have complained to OFCOM and not just left as the are procedures to follow.

I completely agree with pip08456.

I don't care at all that the OP has left Virgin Media but I ask myself the purpose of his claims which are unfounded and not the experience of anyone else. No-one has supported his claims and he has not provided any proof of his claims. IMHO his claims are completely unfounded.

Peter_
09-10-2010, 10:29
I completely agree with pip08456.

I don't care at all that the OP has left Virgin Media but I ask myself the purpose of his claims which are unfounded and not the experience of anyone else. No-one has supported his claims and he has not provided any proof of his claims. IMHO his claims are completely unfounded.
They could well be unfounded but that is up to them if they want to provide proof as they are no longer a customer anyway, also they may have destroyed all the bills if they were angry enough, it does happen.:)

del14
09-11-2010, 22:10
I have not got bills but have plenty of emails to and from Virgin that i will not paste either, it is my experience and choice as it would be yours if or should i say when you experience it. There are plenty that have problems very similar with all supliers. I have to say from my point of view it will be highly unlikely i would ever consider a return to Virgin. They should have kept the good service that used to be supplied. From Sky experience so far i have made the best choice for me, nothing to say that will stay the same, but at least now back on Bt network i have a much wider choice should it change at a later date.
Virgin cheaper - No
Virgin faster - No (could be if they wanted to) or if you want to spalsh out on the 50meg then thats a choice for each individual to make.

If Virgin had not made the changes I would still have remained with them as had been for many years.

Problem is they all get greedy Sky is no different, however the service they supply me is better than anticipated (so far) unless this changes i will remain with them.
No problems = No change

pip08456
10-11-2010, 00:44
As long as you are happy then there is no problem, it's called customer choice.