PDA

View Full Version : Just canceled Virgin

Zee
05-10-2010, 12:40
So i just canceled Virgin now... the guy i spoke to seemed not so happy about me canceling. He said how much do i pay with Sky, i told him £30 + £10 or so with BT line rental, he kept insisting that i had the bare minimum with Sky, i said no.

He asked why i wanted to cancel, i said too expensive, £35.25 is too much for 20Mb. He goes he'd like to see how well it goes with Sky with their traffic management, i said their unlimited service is not traffic managed, he kept on and on insisting it is and he said it says also on Sky.com that it is, i knew he was lying.

He goes im over 1000metres away from my exchange which he is lying too and he asked how much am i getting with Sky, i said between 12Mb to 14Mb, which i am, all times of the day, he insisted im lying and that Ofcom say i will only receive a maximum of 3Mb i found it quite amusing how much they will lie to keep customers, i just cut the phone after this coz didn't want to listen to anymore of their BS.

he also said i used over 80GB of usage last month with Virgin, even though i disconnected the Virgin modem 2 months ago :erm: and said Sky will traffic manage me to death if i used that much with them.

Im just glad to not be paying over £35 for a 20Mb service where i get a maximum of 15Mb when i could have been paying only £7.50 for a service where i get 12Mb-14Mb, so much happier how, so is my wallet.

hope i didn't bore anyone. :D

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

I hope this guy is reading by the way and he is your speed test to show im getting over 3Mb :p:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2010/10/70.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Stuart
05-10-2010, 12:46
He says you live over 1,000 metres from the exchange? Unless he either knows the location of every exchange in the country (unlikely) or fed your postcode into SamKnows.com, how would he know?

Even Sam Knows will only give an estimate.

Ofcom's estimate may be artificially low as the bulk of the population will order the lower speed internet connections, so will bring the average down.

Unfortunately, some sales people will lie to get the customer. The person you spoke to was probably a sales person, so he or she would probably have said anything to persuade you not to leave.

Anyhow, as long as you are happy with your service, that's the main thing.

mentalis
05-10-2010, 13:12
I have started on the way back to VM from Sky (I used to have TV with VM; I have BB and phone).

The Sky person tried to convince me to switch my broadband and phone to Sky, saying they would offer a better service (it would be hard to beat a rock-solid 10Mb line).

Sky also tried to get me to stay with a 1/2 price offer if I took TV, phone and broandband. SamKnows says I am about 2 miles from the exchange - and that's to drive there. I don't know how much copper wire that is - I would be very lucky to get anywhere near 10Mb.

I think all providers tell you what you want to hear when trying to get you to stay. Everything apart from have everything free for ever :)

bonzoe
05-10-2010, 18:40
Hope that it works out for you...........

colin25
05-10-2010, 19:10
if you are happy, that is all that counts. I am partly on the darkside..and voldermort has bad rep :D

blade85
06-10-2010, 14:32
as long as your happy with you have, should be fine.

A ping of 60 for a connection less than 50 miles away wont bode well for my gaming needs though, so I'm just gonna stick it out with VM for now.

Zee
07-10-2010, 21:38
i don't do gaming anymore so im happy with what im getting for what im paying for.