PDA

View Full Version : D-Link DIR 615 Router Connectivity Issue

xx.Morph.xx
04-10-2010, 14:14
I'm having a problem with the wireless router that Virgin have supplied.

I have a CCTV system that was connected to my PC through a BT Home Hub via Devolo Dlan mains plugs & viewed through Internet Explorer.

I have set up the virgin router (without the disc as it said no cable connected when I had full net access) & have local & Internet access showing as available, PC is connected via Ethernet cable & has net access & all my wireless devices work fine & getting good speeds.

I just cannot access the ip address of the cctv system (192.168.1.100), I don't recall having to allow access or port foreward on the BT hub, it was just plug & play (viewing software installed through IE).

Have I overlooked something glaringly obvious?:confused: any help would be much appreciated.

Dai
04-10-2010, 17:59
How does the CCTV equipment get an IP address? Is it allocated by the router or does it have a fixed IP?

If it has a fixed IP is the IP group the same as that allocated by the new router?

You could try logging into the router and see what devices it lists as connected.

Black^
04-10-2010, 19:41
The router's default address is 192.168.0.1 Your cctv equipment is on a different network. Change it to 192.168.0.100 or it will not connect. unless you changed the routers address that is.

xx.Morph.xx
04-10-2010, 20:20
Cheers guys, I needed to change the static IP on the CCTV unit itself, sorted now.
Many thanks