PDA

View Full Version : Phone dead after power cut

Aragorn
02-10-2010, 18:43
Last night there was an electrical fault on the phase supplying our VM green cab, taking out all our services.
Originally I rang VM this morning and they said 'fixed by 9:30' (before I knew the power cut and VM fault were related).
The electric company fixed the fault around 2:30pm and we fairly quickly got Internet back.
I rang faults again to say power was back to the cab but we still had no TV / phone. The girl didn't seem to take any notice of this and just repeated the estimated fix time quoted by the electric company.
Since then TV has restarted but still no phone. There is just a faint hiss on the line and incoming calls just ring off as 'busy' (no faulty line message). No sign of any engineers visiting the green cab - I'm assuming phone faults can't be fixed remotely!
I have just check 'Service Status' on 'my VM' and it is showing as no faults. Does that mean my ticket has been closed even though there is still a fault?
Can any insiders check the ticket if I PM them?
Now can't get through to faults line and stuck without landline. :mad:

Nedkelly
02-10-2010, 19:54
Sounds like the cab has lost its config when power came back up .If lots of people are still calling in they will send a tech out .Also the swithch might see a loss of a service to the cab and get a tech to investigate :)

Digital Fanatic
03-10-2010, 19:31
Last night there was an electrical fault on the phase supplying our VM green cab, taking out all our services.
Originally I rang VM this morning and they said 'fixed by 9:30' (before I knew the power cut and VM fault were related).
The electric company fixed the fault around 2:30pm and we fairly quickly got Internet back.
I rang faults again to say power was back to the cab but we still had no TV / phone. The girl didn't seem to take any notice of this and just repeated the estimated fix time quoted by the electric company.
Since then TV has restarted but still no phone. There is just a faint hiss on the line and incoming calls just ring off as 'busy' (no faulty line message). No sign of any engineers visiting the green cab - I'm assuming phone faults can't be fixed remotely!
I have just check 'Service Status' on 'my VM' and it is showing as no faults. Does that mean my ticket has been closed even though there is still a fault?
Can any insiders check the ticket if I PM them?
Now can't get through to faults line and stuck without landline. :mad:

If your phone line is PET (Perm engaged Tone) when someone calls it, then make sure all your phones are on the hook. Unplug them all and try 1 in your master socket.

If your line is down then other swill be down on your cab/mux. This will be picked up by VM. Telco faults can actually be fixed remotely, if it's a line card gone out of service, it can be reset.

Is your line back on?

Aragorn
04-10-2010, 10:53
If your phone line is PET (Perm engaged Tone) when someone calls it, then make sure all your phones are on the hook. Unplug them all and try 1 in your master socket.

If your line is down then other swill be down on your cab/mux. This will be picked up by VM. Telco faults can actually be fixed remotely, if it's a line card gone out of service, it can be reset.

Is your line back on?
Yes - it came back on late Sat evening. I guess, as you say, it can be reset remotely.

Digital Fanatic
04-10-2010, 14:11
Yes - it came back on late Sat evening. I guess, as you say, it can be reset remotely.

Glad it's back on for you. :tu: