PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a VPN connection (and Virgin "technical support"...)

BrianMunich
02-10-2010, 14:42
Since September 21st I've had near 100% packet loss of UDP traffic on port 1194 from a particular computer I need to connect to. During that time I've explained this to numerous Indian call centre staff members who advise me to do things like reboot my modem (despite explaining that I've already tried that) reboot my computer (same), try it in safe mode (it isn't a problem with my computer, the connection works fine on my mobile dongle and on wifi in my local pub), call Digital Home Support (even Digital Home Support agree that it is none of their business and I need to speak to Virgin), change my HTTP proxy settings (this isn't an HTTP problem).

Eventually they put me on hold and hang up, or tell me someone will call me back which never happens, or tell me a fault has been identified and it will be fixed in the next six hours, which again never happens.

How do I go about escalating a problem like this so that someone who knows something about networking can look into it?

I've even tried calling their "Thinking of leaving us?" option and they just put me on hold for 15 minutes and made me listen to Rush.

Very, very frustrated.