PDA

View Full Version : Stafford ST16 Problem?

Ouch
29-09-2010, 10:31
When I got back from work last night my broadband wasn't working.

My wife told me that the electricity had tripped during the day (due to a fault on the toaster, which is now in the bin) but didn't know if the broadband was working before that.

The power light is on, the modem sync light connects and goes solid green, but the ready light flashes (slowly) and never connects.

I reset the modem several times but the same thing each time.

I phoned VM at about 6.30pm and the lady at the Indian Call Centre told me that there is a fault in my area and that it was being resolved. She said estimated time for completion was 12 midnight but it should be earlier.

I breathed a sigh of relief that my modem wasn't damaged but, when I left home at 8.30am this morning, the modem is still sat there flashing and not making a connection. I've searched for faults in my area but it tells me on virgin media service status that my area is fine with no faults.

So, I thought maybe someone here can clarify the situation for me. Is anyone else having a problem in ST16? Is there somewhere I'm not looking where this outage is listed?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Peter_
29-09-2010, 10:36
You can try the status line on 0800 561 0061.

If the is nothing on there call in again and speak to another agent.

Ouch
29-09-2010, 10:49
Thanks for the super fast response Masque. Got the following message:

"We are sorry that you are experiencing a problem with your VM broadband service in area ST16. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you are having trouble connecting to your Internet try turning your modem off for 30 seconds and...."

Assuming that this isn't a standard message, hopefully they'll have it fixed by the time I get home tonight :)

Cheers,

Andy

P.S. When I enter the same details (my phone number) onto the VM Service Status Page as linked in your sig it says that all services are fine in my area. Is the Internet one out of date?

Peter_
29-09-2010, 11:06
Thanks for the super fast response Masque. Got the following message:

"We are sorry that you are experiencing a problem with your VM broadband service in area ST16. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you are having trouble connecting to your Internet try turning your modem off for 30 seconds and...."

Assuming that this isn't a standard message, hopefully they'll have it fixed by the time I get home tonight :)

Cheers,

Andy

P.S. When I enter the same details (my phone number) onto the VM Service Status Page as linked in your sig it says that all services are fine in my area. Is the Internet one out of date?
They should be the same.

Ouch
29-09-2010, 11:12
Maybe they'll update it later. I'll keep checking.

Ouch
30-09-2010, 13:17
Just a quick update.

Was fine after a restart when I got home yesterday. Thanks for help.

Andy