PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming back - what deals could I expect?

CMP
27-09-2010, 08:30
As the title header say's - My Sky contract runs out at the end of November and I will be coming back to VM.

I have no problem with Sky's TV and phone services, infact, I'd stick my neck out and say it's far better than VM's. However, their broadband just isn't that good/reliable. I miss the reliability of VM's 20mg BB. It just did what it said on the tin.

So, what BB deals are out there as I need to think about giving VM a ring soon.

Ignitionnet
27-09-2010, 08:32
Those would be the ones that are on the website. Check it out and you're about there.

CMP
27-09-2010, 08:57
Those would be the ones that are on the website. Check it out and you're about there.

Fascinating. Thank you.

Ignitionnet
27-09-2010, 09:03
You'd be a brand new customer again so should get those brand new customers only deals.

RobboEdin
27-09-2010, 09:24
Fascinating. Thank you.

If that was a touch of sarcasm, the website really is the best place to go, especially as you failed to tell us what your requirement is.

PS It is also useful to keep your profile up to date.

Peter_
27-09-2010, 09:51
As the title header say's - My Sky contract runs out at the end of November and I will be coming back to VM.

I have no problem with Sky's TV and phone services, infact, I'd stick my neck out and say it's far better than VM's. However, their broadband just isn't that good/reliable. I miss the reliability of VM's 20mg BB. It just did what it said on the tin.

So, what BB deals are out there as I need to think about giving VM a ring soon.
Why not click the link below and see exactly what is available before you even call up, its worth a look to see what prices you are lookig at.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/home.html?buspart=Portal_HP_topnav_1_1

gobbledigook
27-09-2010, 12:48
when i signed up to 10meg as a new customer again a few months back the only "deal" going was £15 for the first 3 months... i tried to get a UK sales team, but it seems this has been off-shored to india as well :( not that i mind the outsourcing.... its just you used to be able to sweet talk the sales guy into a better deal!! ;) the people i spoke to in india just kept repeating themselves, which was what it said on the website! no bartering (strange considering the tradition in india!) just thats the price like it or lump it!!

RobboEdin
27-09-2010, 13:58
when i signed up to 10meg as a new customer again a few months back the only "deal" going was £15 for the first 3 months... i tried to get a UK sales team, but it seems this has been off-shored to india as well :( not that i mind the outsourcing.... its just you used to be able to sweet talk the sales guy into a better deal!! ;) the people i spoke to in india just kept repeating themselves, which was what it said on the website! no bartering (strange considering the tradition in india!) just thats the price like it or lump it!!

..and just what did you expect to get and for what reason?

You got the current new customer deal:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-10mb.html

pabscars
27-09-2010, 14:04
..and just what did you expect to get and for what reason?]

Why free broadband for 12 months, 20% cash back with no early termination fees of course, come on get with the programme :D

RobboEdin
27-09-2010, 14:47
Why free broadband for 12 months, 20% cash back with no early termination fees of course, come on get with the programme :D

Sorry that deal was only given to me.:p:

Mr.T
27-09-2010, 15:40
While I also agree with everyone that's posted above - as a new customer you can't really expect much more than the website deals can you? - you can get an 'exclusive' offer through some resellers.

It's broadband L, phone M for £5 for 3 months and £12.50 ongoing but with free installation in the form of a £40 credit on your first month's bill. To get it you just sign up via the site's link. E.g. you can get it here:
http://www.chooseisp.co.uk/broadband-packages/virgin-media-broadband-l-phone.asp

cambridgemark
27-09-2010, 16:08
Look at signing up through a site like quidco.co.uk and you may well get some cashback

gobbledigook
28-09-2010, 16:43
you used to be able to sweet talk the sales guy into a better deal!! ;)

about three years ago when i lived in manchester we got it half price for six months! that's not a deal i was gonna get through india!

colin25
28-09-2010, 17:21
You can get broadband for free...at least, you can in my dreams..just ask, and bring a hot girl. Don't know why, but in my dreams..hot girls get all the bargains :D

Ignitionnet
28-09-2010, 17:36
about three years ago when i lived in manchester we got it half price for six months! that's not a deal i was gonna get through india!

It's not a deal you'll get through the UK either. Oddly enough deals like that weren't making Virgin Media money and they are apparently in business to make money.

The new customer deals are laid out, there is no reason to expect to get better than those, you can't really claim any kind of superiority over other customers especially if ordering a relatively low value package.

There is some latitude there if renewing package after contract is over, that's about it.

pip08456
28-09-2010, 18:21

That was then this is now, a lot of things have happened in between.

There's nothing wrong with tryimg to get a deal but when you reach thaTt brick wall do you really want to keep banging your head on it?

You are more likely to get a deal to remain a customer than to return as one and expect more than a new customer would get. You showed your loyalty by leaving.