PDA

View Full Version : Outage

SiJ2000
26-09-2010, 19:12
HI,

My data services (Broadband and On Demand) services have just come back after a three hour outage.

Was anyone else offline too?

FYI, It was just data (Online light flashing), normal TV channels were OK.

Thanks

S

Digital Fanatic
26-09-2010, 19:15
HI,

My data services (Broadband and On Demand) services have just come back after a three hour outage.

Was anyone else offline too?

FYI, It was just data (Online light flashing), normal TV channels were OK.

Thanks

S

What is the first part of your postcode?

SiJ2000
26-09-2010, 19:34
Hi,

HA8 is the bit you wanted!

Thanks

Digital Fanatic
26-09-2010, 19:50
Hi,

HA8 is the bit you wanted!

Thanks

Looking at your area... I can see 1 open ticket for loss of Interactive/BBI. This is still open though? Ticket was raised at 4pm.

Might not be part of your loss, but it's the only ticket I can see that matched your postal area.

You anywhere near CHEYNEYS AVENUE ?

HTH

SiJ2000
26-09-2010, 19:54
Hi,

That is right... It came back on just under an hour ago, but it did indeed start at 4pm almost exactly. Was watching some music and it just went off and the online light started flashing.

Does the ticket say what the cause was? I would be interested to know...

Mayve they are still working on it, but it is certainly up at the moment as I am writing this :)

I looked on the online status and there was no mention of anything which is a bit frustrating. Really that site should be kept up to date.

Thanks for your help

Simon

Digital Fanatic
26-09-2010, 20:48
Hi,

That is right... It came back on just under an hour ago, but it did indeed start at 4pm almost exactly. Was watching some music and it just went off and the online light started flashing.

Does the ticket say what the cause was? I would be interested to know...

Mayve they are still working on it, but it is certainly up at the moment as I am writing this :)

I looked on the online status and there was no mention of anything which is a bit frustrating. Really that site should be kept up to date.

Thanks for your help

Simon

It's a small area fault, so wouldn't make it on to the status page. The site is always up-to-date as it's linked in to the tickets. Your outage affected about 40 customers out of a potential 1,146 on the level 3 cab.

Everyone always thinks that because they are part of an outage, that it should be listed and the site is "never updated" :)

Fix details are "Reset optical receiver at cab"

Glad to hear you are back up and running :tu:

HTH

pip08456
26-09-2010, 21:07
This could be the misleading part of the status page in the eyes of customers don't you think?

"We can check and tell you about any problems affecting your area, and what's happening to fix them. Just tell us your account number and area reference (you can find these on your bill), or your Virgin Media phone number, if you have one."

SiJ2000
26-09-2010, 22:32
Indeed.

Thanks for the update

Simon

Digital Fanatic
26-09-2010, 23:04
This could be the misleading part of the status page in the eyes of customers don't you think?

"We can check and tell you about any problems affecting your area, and what's happening to fix them. Just tell us your account number and area reference (you can find these on your bill), or your Virgin Media phone number, if you have one."

It will eventually include level 4 cabs, but yeah it could be worded better. It's worth remembering that only P1 faults used to go on the status page (over 250 customers) but now if the level 3 cab (the most common outage) has gone down and everyone is off, then regardless of the amount, it will be on the status page.

It's never because "someone can't be bothered" or "it never gets updated" as to the reason for a ticket not being on the status page as for the main part it's automatic now.

HTH

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:01 ----------

Indeed.

Thanks for the update

Simon

No probs :)