PDA

View Full Version : virgin media in tower hamlets e1

shadabuth
23-09-2010, 21:17
hi does anyone if london e1 will ever be upgraded some sections of tower hamlets is upgraded does anybody if my area be upgraded thanks

weesteev
24-09-2010, 12:50
We dont have specific dates yet Shadabuth, If I hear of a schedule I shall certainly let you know.

Thanks

shadabuth
24-09-2010, 12:55
do you know if virgin are even planning to extend thier network or are they currently upgrading other areas

thanks

weesteev
24-09-2010, 12:59
We have been expanding our network for a few years now, I dont believe we have anything schedules in Tower Hamlets but we have numerous other projects around the UK.

shadabuth
24-09-2010, 15:06
do you know if tower hamlets will be upgraded in near future cause i really want cable

weesteev
24-09-2010, 20:44
That I couldn't tell you, there is currently nothing planned but it would be a major project to upgrade this area so If anything is going to happen then it will take some time I would imagine!

shadabuth
30-09-2010, 00:09
hi weesteev, i found out that whitechaepl as well as some of bricklane is upgraded i don't understand why shadwell and stepney have not been upgraded to cable as whitechapel is just under a mile from my house, do you know if virgin were planning to come back and upgrade these areas

weesteev
30-09-2010, 07:39
Its not quite as straight forward as being "a mile" from your house. The technicalities of the architecture mean there can be serious limitiations in delivering service. There may not be adequate room in the nearest hubsite to provision the equipment to make this area live, we may not have permission to cable the buildings externally (and might not be able to get access to a the risers in the service rooms).

The Isle of Dogs is a well publicised area in Tower Hamlets that hasnt been upgraded yet, it also covers the Wharf areas. Im not sure if the company ahs even looked to providing service here, Im sure the demographic would have a big say in whether we go ahead with it or not, remember the company needs to see adequate returns on its investment and I cant see how that would ahppen within the first few years of providing service. Its more than likely that the current West London upgrade project will be used as a test bed for further expansion in large areas but I havent seen any figures from thsi yet so couldnt be specific.

The only thing I can be specific about is that Tower Hamlets wont see an upgrade in the near future.

Hop this helps

P.S. As far as I can see, Whitechapel isnt serviced? (Correction, found service on Fashion Street)