PDA

View Full Version : W.....T.....F?

General Maximus
19-09-2010, 17:04
I don't flipping believe it. My connection died around 18:30 last night and I couldnt get it back for about 15 mins and the modem just kept cycling through the lights when it couldnt get a solid blue tick. Eventually when it came back I checked the error log to see if their were any issues only to find out that I have been downgraded to 1.75mbit up?

I have been on 5mbit up for the last couple of months now and from the other posts I have seen, I thought they were in the process of upgrading everyone permanently to 10:1 so why have been downgraded?

I am not a happy bunny, just when I thought i had a semi-decent connection they bumped me back to retard speeds.

Paul
19-09-2010, 17:11
Since when have they been going to upgrade everyone to 5m upload ? That sounds very unlikely to me.

pip08456
19-09-2010, 17:15
You have been on a trial as you well know. The trial in your area has obviously finished.

The other posts were speculation. Nothing more than that.

Chris
19-09-2010, 17:15
They are going to upgrade their upstream so everyone is on 10:1, but at the moment they're trialling it. Any increase in upstream speed you experience is likely to be temporary.

There is another thread on this somewhere on CF that has been active in the last couple of weeks. Have a go at searching for it, it should come up.

dd11
19-09-2010, 17:18
You've had it to good for to long, I'm well jelous! but yeah welcome back to the standard slow upload :(

I must admit, it was exciting hearing about all these developments in upload speed that VM are doing a while ago, but it's been so long (for those of us who havent been on trials) that it's just getting boring now, as it's always a matter of 'coming soon' which seems to last an eternity when ya want it so bad lol.

Ignitionnet
19-09-2010, 17:19
Back to the speed you're paying for, bummer.

These trials have been pretty prolonged for sure.

Peter_
19-09-2010, 17:21
I don't flipping believe it. My connection died around 18:30 last night and I couldnt get it back for about 15 mins and the modem just kept cycling through the lights when it couldnt get a solid blue tick. Eventually when it came back I checked the error log to see if their were any issues only to find out that I have been downgraded to 1.75mbit up?

I have been on 5mbit up for the last couple of months now and from the other posts I have seen, I thought they were in the process of upgrading everyone permanently to 10:1 so why have been downgraded?

I am not a happy bunny, just when I thought i had a semi-decent connection they bumped me back to retard speeds.
You can only have been in an unofficial trial as you never enroled and nor were you asked by Virginmedia to participate in an upload trial so thank your stars that you had it for longer than most.

pip08456
19-09-2010, 17:22
Back to the speed you're paying for, bummer.

These trials have been pretty prolonged for sure.

Hopefully that means when it is implemented there should be fewer problems.

General Maximus
19-09-2010, 19:24
You can only have been in an unofficial trial as you never enroled and nor were you asked by Virginmedia to participate in an upload trial so thank your stars that you had it for longer than most.

I know but i thought they were officially rolling it out now so i just don't understand why they just don't leave me on 5mbit up instead of putting me back down only to put it up again (whenever they get round to it).

5mbit up is so sweeeeeeeet and you do notice the difference. As I have said in the past, Lincoln must be a great area in terms of network congestion and I have always got my max speed, this being no exception. Bye bye 400k up :(

Peter_
19-09-2010, 20:03
I know but i thought they were officially rolling it out now so i just don't understand why they just don't leave me on 5mbit up instead of putting me back down only to put it up again (whenever they get round to it).

5mbit up is so sweeeeeeeet and you do notice the difference. As I have said in the past, Lincoln must be a great area in terms of network congestion and I have always got my max speed, this being no exception. Bye bye 400k up :(
The has been much of this going around in the 20Mb and 50Mb threads but it should be announced soon, I have no idea how soon that will be though.:)

pip08456
19-09-2010, 21:36
Speculating on when they will roll it out is a waste of time. They will do it when they are ready and it will have the most impact for them commercially.

The fact that they have had long running trials both by invite and randomly in areas should put them in a position to roll it out smoothly.

Chrysalis
20-09-2010, 02:27
how do you notice the difference? torrents.? :)

I wouldnt mind more upload but I would be very happy with 1.75meg up.