PDA

View Full Version : V+ HD box (old style SA box) died within 5 minutes of installation

simon d
19-09-2010, 16:57
I just had my Virgin cable installed yesterday (18th Sept 10) and the V+ HD box (old style SA box) died within 5 minutes of installation keeps locking up and rebooting.

The engineers left the name of their manager (from the Reading branch) and phone number just in case of any problems. I spoke to the manager about the problem box and was informed that the engineers would phone me.

I had a phone call from the engineers who informed that had no new boxes (Samsung) on the van only had refurbished SA boxes.

As I wanted a new box I was informed that a new delivery of the Samsung V+ HD was due on Monday and I could get one of them.

I re-phoned their manager and was informed that no new boxes were coming in and the engineers would return with a new box (SA) later that day.
I am still waiting for them to return with a new box!

Should I give the manager one more change or speak to customer service and start to complain.

Thanks

Simon

Peter_
19-09-2010, 16:59
I would ring first thing in the morning after 0800 and they will get you sorted as soon as possible.

simon d
19-09-2010, 17:08
I would ring first thing in the morning after 0800 and they will get you sorted as soon as possible.

The manager or customer service?

When asked about free Wireless 'N' adapter as I was having XXL 50Mb installed with a free router. I was informed that it would be posted out to me, is that correct?

Peter_
19-09-2010, 17:22
The manager or customer service?

When asked about free Wireless 'N' adapter as I was having XXL 50Mb installed with a free router. I was informed that it would be posted out to me, is that correct?
I would ring support and also ask them about the router as I would have thought that you would have had on the day of installation.

simon d
19-09-2010, 17:44
I would ring support and also ask them about the router as I would have thought that you would have had on the day of installation.

Engineers had the router, but no free USB Wireless 'N' adapter.

Peter_
19-09-2010, 18:12
Engineers had the router, but no free USB Wireless 'N' adapter.
You will need to call in to get one ordered.

simon d
19-09-2010, 20:57
Thanks, I will speak to customer service on Monday

jb66
19-09-2010, 22:59
You should have got a dongle and you will get whatever box is on the van refurbished or new

Dave_
21-09-2010, 19:59
Sounds like installers pulling a fast one to fiddle the fault rate.

Peter_
21-09-2010, 20:03
Sounds like installers pulling a fast one to fiddle the fault rate.
With regards to which issue, it does help if you clarify what you mean.:)

jb66
21-09-2010, 20:11
Installers only get what they need for that day so I'd one v plus breaks they don't always have a backup

Dave_
21-09-2010, 20:13
I was talking more about leaving a phone number , promising a samsung on monday , not getting in touch again.

jb66
21-09-2010, 20:16
Yeah could be, but I don't blame them, not fair on them getting penilised for shoddy equipment

Peter_
21-09-2010, 20:17
I was talking more about leaving a phone number , promising a samsung on monday , not getting in touch again.
Thanks for the clarification with so many different items being spoken about, much appreciated for getting back quickly.

I know we often get complaints about such things so we can now transfer them to the department that any such issue arises from.

simon d
21-09-2010, 22:17
Update

I spoke to customer service on Monday

I had my box replaced on Monday with another SA (Not a Samsung)

Requested a free USB Wireless 'N' adapter, I may get one in the post.

Never did get a reason why the engineers did not return with a new box (SA) later that day as promised from their manager.

I had to speak to him chase up the replacement box for Monday, Customer service said he would phone me to confirm a time but he did not.

Now modem (50Mb) is showing high power levels (58 dBmv), I have been reading that power levels should be lower.

Should I be concern?

jb66
21-09-2010, 22:41
Keep an eye on your connection, modems can work fine at 58 but realistically it's too high, should be 55 or less