PDA

View Full Version : Internet down, apparently a national problem?

NickW2
19-09-2010, 16:00
We got setup on Thursday with the 20Mb package and a VMDG280 router. It worked for that day. The connection has been down since Friday. When logging in to 192.168.0.1 It shows the IPs as dashes (---.---.---.---) on the basic setup page meaning that it's not connecting to Virgin's network.

After over an hour on the phone to Tech support they eventually told me it was a national problem. I'm in the Manchester area (M20 postcode).

What is going on?

ultimate
19-09-2010, 16:25
Its all working down here in SK10

Hugh
19-09-2010, 16:31
Fine in Leeds (on 20Mb}

Stuart
19-09-2010, 16:38
We got setup on Thursday with the 20Mb package and a VMDG280 router. It worked for that day. The connection has been down since Friday. When logging in to 192.168.0.1 It shows the IPs as dashes (---.---.---.---) on the basic setup page meaning that it's not connecting to Virgin's network.

After over an hour on the phone to Tech support they eventually told me it was a national problem. I'm in the Manchester area (M20 postcode).

What is going on?

:welcome: to the forum. You can always check for faults at http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do . However, there are no national broadband faults showing when I log in.

If you send me your real name, account number, postal address and a contact phone number, I'll refer this to our contacts within VM.

Peter_
19-09-2010, 16:39
All fine in Liverpool as well sounds like a local issue possibly a valid iP no throughput issue.

Does your computer have a auto configurated 169iP address.

Mustard
19-09-2010, 21:56
I'm also in manchester, connection dropped last night and the modem is spitting out 169 IP addresses, apparently the fault was due to be fixed this evening at 9 but it's still down.

here's the fault ref number; F001375282

I'll be calling the 50mb guys in the morning if it's still not up and running.

iFrankie
19-09-2010, 22:46
I'm in st helens and its awful, it takes about 30 seconds for a website to load, im downloading a game patch which i started to download at 7pm and its 92% now, its only 1.10Gb :(.

pip08456
19-09-2010, 22:55
I find it amusing that their fault reference no's begin with F0. Does this mean Fooobaaaaared?

jb66
19-09-2010, 23:08
Does it stand 4 Fekin outage?

iFrankie
19-09-2010, 23:11
mines fine now, i think i had a virus haha.

Digital Fanatic
20-09-2010, 11:46

What is going on?

There was an issue yesterday with 169 IP's possibly on your uBR ( with-cmts-05 ), but not a National issue. Reference was 1375282

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

I find it amusing that their fault reference no's begin with F0. Does this mean Fooobaaaaared?

F00 tickets are network/platform

P00 are IT

You should only be advised of the actual number not the prefix.

NickW2
20-09-2010, 12:10
Ok, as of right now it's working. Presumably whatever it was is one of them faults that's only supposed to happen Monday-Friday 9-5 :erm:.

:welcome: to the forum. You can always check for faults at http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do . However, there are no national broadband faults showing when I log in.

If you send me your real name, account number, postal address and a contact phone number, I'll refer this to our contacts within VM.

Thanks for the kind offer. The person on the phone definitely said national and something to do with the router. This annoyed me immensely as it was the fourth person I'd spoken to on the phone and I though that if it was a national issue surely they'd have many people calling and they'd all be able to diagnose it instantly. Instead I was told that I was a liar by an Indian bloke and hung up on twice.

I'm also in manchester, connection dropped last night and the modem is spitting out 169 IP addresses, apparently the fault was due to be fixed this evening at 9 but it's still down.

here's the fault ref number; F001375282

I'll be calling the 50mb guys in the morning if it's still not up and running.

I know some people in the area with the 50Mbit package and theirs was working fine. Presumably because they don't have elusive VMDG280.

There was an issue yesterday with 169 IP's possibly on your uBR ( with-cmts-05 ), but not a National issue. Reference was 1375282[COLOR="Silver"]

No 169 IPs. My LAN was fine, just the hub not getting an connecting the the network at some point. One of the ladies on the phone was able to reboot it from her end so it must've been connected somehow.