PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Move

Stephen
17-09-2010, 17:06
So with Move getting released today, has anyone purchased Move?

I have just ordered a couple of Move controllers due to owning the Eyetoy camera already.

If you have tried it out what do you think? Am looking forward to trying Tiger Woods out with it and looking forward to the new Socom game.

Ravenheart
17-09-2010, 18:51
Mine was delivered about an hour ago, i have to say even with the demo's I've tried so far I'm really impressed with it's accuracy. I did enjoy the Wii when I had one, tried the demo of Sports Champions Table Tennis, as I was a demon on the Wii version. Got thrashed by the cpu on this one!

Try as I might I couldn't get it to lose tracking on the controller either.

The shape of the Move controller is good in the hand and with all the usual buttons and the new T and Move buttons there's plenty of scope for quite in depth games.

So after about an hour. I'm really pleased, it exceeds my expectations so far :)

Now off to try the Tiger Woods Demo

Stephen
18-09-2010, 05:27
Cheers for the info dude.

Tezcatlipoca
18-09-2010, 14:55
This & Kinect both look interesting, but I'm gonna wait for more games before I decide on whether to bother with either.

peanut
18-09-2010, 15:20
I don't do moving.... I play the odd game to relax and chill out, not to knacker myself out. :D

Saying that, are wii's still going? It's all gone really quiet, I know 5/6 mates who's had one has sold them on as they've got bored with them after the novelty wore off (quite quickly I must add). Just wondering if the move/kinetic has missed the boat and it'll be just another fad and a waste of money. As you say we'll have to see what games come out for them but I'm not holding my breath.

Fitze73
18-09-2010, 18:06
i had my move stater kit on wednesday been great so far kids love it, got kung fu rider, start the party & sports champions

Bulky
18-09-2010, 23:13
Is it just me or do the move controllers do it no favours whatsoever ???

Ravenheart
19-09-2010, 10:18
Saying that, are wii's still going? It's all gone really quiet, I know 5/6 mates who's had one has sold them on as they've got bored with them after the novelty wore off (quite quickly I must add). Just wondering if the move/kinetic has missed the boat and it'll be just another fad and a waste of money. As you say we'll have to see what games come out for them but I'm not holding my breath.

I think people got bored of the Wii's due to the lack of really good games, I did enjoy some of the stuff on the Wii, but it was infested with shovelware. The great games were few and far between and often found no shelf space compared to the latest dance/party/firness title. I traded my Wii in for the PS3, and it's been great so glad I did.

I do think there is a place for both the PS3 and 360 to get in on the motion controlled games market, especially as the tech has moved on since the Wiimote and motion plus. Even hardcore gamers who bought the 360 or PS3 like a bit of casual gaming now and then so I think people will find a new love for these type of games. :)

Fitze73
19-09-2010, 10:25
jo just out of curiosity is your tv wall mounted

Ravenheart
19-09-2010, 10:42
No I doubt my walls could hold a Tv :P I have mine on a glass stand.

You had problems with wall mounted & move?

Fitze73
19-09-2010, 10:46
sort of , my tv is wall mounted roughly 6 inches above my sideboard, only thing is the top of the tv is level with my head, which means the camera is even higher at the top

Hom3r
19-09-2010, 12:54
I'm sorry but the Move controller looks like the thing that cops use to direct traffic, or they use at airports to help planes move near the ramp.

speedfreak
19-09-2010, 13:01
sort of , my tv is wall mounted roughly 6 inches above my sideboard, only thing is the top of the tv is level with my head, which means the camera is even higher at the top

I wondered why you asked me that last night! Keep the reviews coming, Im waiting to see what everyone thinks before I go out and buy it.

Oh btw me and my mate were taking it in turns last night, the horrendous 12kills to 60 deaths was not me :)

Bulky
19-09-2010, 13:05
I'm sorry but the Move controller looks like the thing that cops use to direct traffic, or they use at airports to help planes move near the ramp.

I agree , just the look of the controllers has completely put me off even considering buying this ,why the hell put those stupid glowing balls on the top ???

Stephen
19-09-2010, 13:21
I agree , just the look of the controllers has completely put me off even considering buying this ,why the hell put those stupid glowing balls on the top ???
I thought exactly that till I read some technical info on Friday.

The wee glowing ball is what makes the Move work. The Eyetoy camera detects the ball and can work out where it is and even how far away you are standing by it working out how big the ball is. The colour change is down to the camera looking at the colours of your room and choosing a colour that will stand out easily so the camera can see it. Its actually pretty damn clever tbh.

Its that ball that gives Move the 1:1 movement.

Ravenheart
19-09-2010, 14:27
After getting annoyed at enjoying the Sports Champions demo, then it ending too soon. I picked up the full game while getting the grocery shopping. Thank you Sainsbury's.. I'm now recovering from a strenuous table tennis session :)

icestar2
19-09-2010, 18:51
Ended pickng this up myself. Really surprised how good fun it is. Been playing Sports Champions and bought Tumble of the PSN which is a fun little game. Can't wait to see what it can do when put into some of the bigger games. Looking forward to the Heavy Rain Move Patch on wednesday.

Fitze73
19-09-2010, 19:12
I wondered why you asked me that last night! Keep the reviews coming, Im waiting to see what everyone thinks before I go out and buy it.

Oh btw me and my mate were taking it in turns last night, the horrendous 12kills to 60 deaths was not me :)

course you were lol.... tbh m8 move is spot on the games are really fun to play its just i had a niggle with my tv its on the rather large side, i sorted the problem by putting a kitchen roll on its end up and putting the camera on top lol :) will have to send a photo its rather amusing think i will invest in the crown tv clip £4.99 from play.com

cimt
19-09-2010, 19:30
Well I saw my bro playing on a Wii earlier and it looked terrible, please tell me that Move isn't the same...

Stephen
19-09-2010, 22:55
I got my Move controller today and downloaded a load of demos off the PSN.

So far its brill and way better than the Wii.

Ravenheart
19-09-2010, 23:36
i sorted the problem by putting a kitchen roll on its end up and putting the camera on top lol :) will have to send a photo its rather amusing think i will invest in the crown tv clip £4.99 from play.com

Heheh have to see the improvised stand :)

Been playing Sports Champions on and off throughout the day, Table Tennis, Bocce, Frisby Golf and the Archery are really enjoyable.

Gladiator almost killed me :P

Not tried Beach Volleyball yet.

icestar2
20-09-2010, 00:05
I got my Move controller today and downloaded a load of demos off the PSN.

So far its brill and way better than the Wii.

Got all the demos downloaded to. Must of been 10-15 gigs worth in the end. Haven't gotten round to playing any of them yet as just been playing Sports Chapmions all the time.

Have to agree with the Wii comment to. Seems so much more fun to play with Move. I'm so sad that the glowing ball excites me though lol.

SideWeaver
20-09-2010, 02:17
For months I said I would not even bother getting the Move. I didn't think the idea would work and it was just a cheap way of trying to make more money, by using an idea already out there in the wii. However I completely U-turned when it came out and after seeing some footage on youtube I just had to get it.

I love Racket Sports and the controller etc is super accurate. I know people are not too keen on that ball however it is not that bad at all. When you are using it you are not really going to see it much cause you are really really concentrating on the game.

Big thumbs up from me.

Fitze73
20-09-2010, 08:49
lets all add each other on psn and we can have a online party!!!!!

icestar2
20-09-2010, 15:57
For months I said I would not even bother getting the Move. I didn't think the idea would work and it was just a cheap way of trying to make more money, by using an idea already out there in the wii. However I completely U-turned when it came out and after seeing some footage on youtube I just had to get it.

I love Racket Sports and the controller etc is super accurate. I know people are not too keen on that ball however it is not that bad at all. When you are using it you are not really going to see it much cause you are really really concentrating on the game.

Big thumbs up from me.

I thought the same tbh. I was going to wait and see how it developed. Then I watched some videos for Sports Champions and it changed my mind. Its fairly well priced to so wouldn't lose to much had I not liked it. Luckily I love it and the tracking seems very good. Very happy buyer.

roger skillin
20-09-2010, 17:35
Well I saw my bro playing on a Wii earlier and it looked terrible, please tell me that Move isn't the same...

Nothing like the Wii, for starters the games are like any other PS3 games, great graphics and the Move is so much better than the Wii controllers.
I brought my Move together with sports champions on friday and my arm really hurts now, I LOVE IT!!!!!

P.S. for anyone wanting to by Racket sports, Tesco is selling it for £32.99 but HMV are selling for £17.99 including free delivery

SideWeaver
20-09-2010, 19:32
A good game that I like the look of is Tumble, basically a puzzle game that has a jenga like feel to it. It is available on PSN for £7.99 as well so a really good price. Also there is a Heavy Rain Move Edition Demo up on PSN too. I am giving that a try shortly myself.

I was not happy with how Sony pushed the H.R Devs to do it, however it may have some merit. I have never played the game before though bear in mind.

icestar2
20-09-2010, 21:06
A good game that I like the look of is Tumble, basically a puzzle game that has a jenga like feel to it. It is available on PSN for £7.99 as well so a really good price. Also there is a Heavy Rain Move Edition Demo up on PSN too. I am giving that a try shortly myself.

I was not happy with how Sony pushed the H.R Devs to do it, however it may have some merit. I have never played the game before though bear in mind.

I bought that Tumble. Great little great with a great price. Really shows of the motion 1:1 movment well to.

The Heavy Rain Move patch comes out this wednesday the 22nd. Also David Cage wanted to use Move with Heavy Rain so it was not all Sony pushing for it.

Fitze73
21-09-2010, 15:05
ye agree with you there ice.... i thiought the tumble was really good think i might purchase it.........

Stephen
21-09-2010, 15:14
I really enjoyed the Tumble demo. Also The Shoot was enjoyable too.

Kung Fu Rider was really bad IMO.

Going to Get Sports Champion on Friday.

Fitze73
21-09-2010, 15:25
kung fu rider wasn't too bad, quite fun and I had a free full game promo, got sports champions and start the party full game promos too. Just haven't got round to installing them.... my Uncle has sent me today dead rising 2 and f1 2010.

Stephen
21-09-2010, 15:33
F1 2010, you couldn't send it my way could you?? ;) lol.

I really miss getting promo copies of games.

Fitze73
21-09-2010, 15:37
will see how much i h8 it first lol..... should look good ive just brought a new tv and wall mounted it in the dining room

Stephen
21-09-2010, 16:16
I used to work for a videogame retailer and loved all the promo games I got given. Sadly I don't work for them any longer.

Maybe I need to start writing games reviews and try and get them to send me some promos :)

Been waiting for the new F1 for such a long time. The last few Sony made were not that great at all.

Back to the topic, I can't wait till Socom comes out next year as that fully supports move.

icestar2
21-09-2010, 16:39
I used to work for a videogame retailer and loved all the promo games I got given. Sadly I don't work for them any longer.

Maybe I need to start writing games reviews and try and get them to send me some promos :)

Been waiting for the new F1 for such a long time. The last few Sony made were not that great at all.

Back to the topic, I can't wait till Socom comes out next year as that fully supports move.

If your looking for an FPS game thats going to support Move then I believe that MAG will be fully supporting it. Not sure if it has or when it will be patched but I dont think it will be to long away as there was a beta version on the store a while back. Tempted to try it out myself. Might have to look into that one.

Ravenheart
21-09-2010, 17:29
my Uncle has sent me today dead rising 2 and f1 2010.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of F1 :)

Fitze73
21-09-2010, 19:57
yeah sure will..... love the trap door avatar ..... dont u open that trap door cause there's something down there ........................ berk feeeeeeddddddddddd meeee!!!

Ravenheart
21-09-2010, 23:36
yeah sure will..... love the trap door avatar ..... dont u open that trap door cause there's something down there ........................ berk feeeeeeddddddddddd meeee!!!

It's a radlio! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJFAyVBGfFY

SideWeaver
22-09-2010, 02:18
I really enjoyed the Tumble demo. Also The Shoot was enjoyable too.

Kung Fu Rider was really bad IMO.

Going to Get Sports Champion on Friday.

Sports Champions looks like a really good game, I have Racket Sports and I would recommend that too. It is a really fun game to play and plenty of replay value.

I am looking forward to playing the copy of heavy rain I have when the patch goes live today (hopefully).

---------- Post added at 01:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

If your looking for an FPS game thats going to support Move then I believe that MAG will be fully supporting it. Not sure if it has or when it will be patched but I dont think it will be to long away as there was a beta version on the store a while back. Tempted to try it out myself. Might have to look into that one.

I don't know if you know, but there is also a gun adapter coming out on Friday too which will be cool.

Play has it up and they have the best pictures of it: http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/15606243/PlayStation-Move-Gun-Attachment/Product.html

Time Crisis looks fun with the move too.

Ravenheart
22-09-2010, 09:12
Was playing the Gladiator part of Sports Champions last night (real sweat producer that one) and thought how interesting a game in this style with Kratos from God of War would be... Ooh the possibilities :D

peanut
22-09-2010, 10:54
I'd be interested to hear what you think of F1 :)

It's been leaked online and people are already playing it on the PC and from what I can gather a lot of people are disappointed with it. Comparing it to Dirt than an F1 sim. Rubbish physics etc. :(

I'm going to have to try a demo before I buy this game now.

(Sorry for being off topic).

Ravenheart
22-09-2010, 12:34
It's been leaked online and people are already playing it on the PC and from what I can gather a lot of people are disappointed with it. Comparing it to Dirt than an F1 sim. Rubbish physics etc. :(

I'm going to have to try a demo before I buy this game now.

(Sorry for being off topic).

Hmm that's a shame, I didn't pick MotoGP 09/10 because it wasn't very good in the demo, wonder if that's why they said there would be no demo for F1 (using licensing as an excuse) http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no-f1-2010-demo-says-codemasters.

Back on topic Tesco Entertainment are doing Sports Champions for £22.65 you can also use voucher code: FTSL15-1 for 15% off (until tomorrow I think)

Fitze73
22-09-2010, 12:49
yes but thats the pc version of f1 ,anyway i dont have to pay for games anyway i do buy the odd one like cod , but i get full game promos , must get round to playing sports champions can u do online games jo with the events

Ravenheart
22-09-2010, 13:06
yes but thats the pc version of f1 ,anyway i dont have to pay for games anyway i do buy the odd one like cod , but i get full game promos , must get round to playing sports champions can u do online games jo with the events

No online sadly but there are leaderboards for world - friends etc.

An online version with world rankings etc would be great

roger skillin
22-09-2010, 13:33
I only have one thing to say "MY ARM HURTS"

icestar2
22-09-2010, 14:43
I only have one thing to say "MY ARM HURTS"

Lol I find that artery game the worst for the old sore arms. Can be a killer but its so mch fun.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

I am looking forward to playing the copy of heavy rain I have when the patch goes live today (hopefully).

Looking forward to this myself. Should be Live soon if not already. Am intrested to see how movement works though as it was R2 in the normal game. If it supports the Nav controller I'll probably pick on up as had no need for it yet. Got two Move controllers instead.

cimt
22-09-2010, 14:49
Apparently it's horrible. A forum I go on has people commenting about it. I'll try and find the quote. The comment is about the demo though, I think.

Edit;

here it is:

Heavy Rain doesn't get anything out of the Move, it just doesn't feel intuitive with it. The only part of the demo that felt good was when entering the car - you pull open te door, insert the key and twist your hand to start the ignition but other than that scenes like climbing the embankment just felt awkward with it. Not the fault of the Move it's the game that's ****...well the control aspect of it anyway.

Yeah i tried the Heavy Rain Move demo and it's absolutely woeful. It's just exactly the opposite of what the control is supposed to be for. It's all waggle and no accuracy.

RealDiamond
23-09-2010, 18:13
MOVE for heavy rain is about hand and body direction control. There has never been any aiming systems in heany rain. After enough time you will jump a head of the game and do things automatic with out looking for symbols opening door is a case of looking are they push, pull or slide. Then you push pull or slide the MOVE. need to move a hand to a pocket then. MOVE to that pocket. Need to twist hand in game then twist your hand.
it's that simple. in a way to simple.

icestar2
23-09-2010, 18:47
MOVE for heavy rain is about hand and body direction control. There has never been any aiming systems in heany rain. After enough time you will jump a head of the game and do things automatic with out looking for symbols opening door is a case of looking are they push, pull or slide. Then you push pull or slide the MOVE. need to move a hand to a pocket then. MOVE to that pocket. Need to twist hand in game then twist your hand.
it's that simple. in a way to simple.

I really couldn't get used to it as first. After playing it for a while its starting to feel like second nature. Just played that motoway scene and the Move controller is so much better for that part than the sixaxis was. Got me a trophy for it :)

SideWeaver
23-09-2010, 22:19
I like it for the move myself, but I never played it before. I am playing it on the hardest setting I believe and it is real fun. It gets me stretchin a lot with all the different buttons. Whole lot of fun so far. I am only up to the point when Ethan has his first meeting with the counsellor.

wwe
23-09-2010, 22:30
what is move all about? ive only seen a little clip of it and it does seem good.?

SideWeaver
23-09-2010, 22:47
A good review to watch s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWVkf4VzXs He shares a lot of my views if not all.

Stephen
24-09-2010, 11:59
what is move all about? ive only seen a little clip of it and it does seem good.?
Its like the Wii but it is an add on for the PS3 that Sony released last week.

wwe
24-09-2010, 16:23
been and got it from game 49.99 got the starter pack. Just trying to set it up now

Fitze73
24-09-2010, 16:38
been and got it from game 49.99 got the starter pack. Just trying to set it up now
lol i paid £35 for mine...... whats yr psn wwe

Stephen
24-09-2010, 17:33
lol i paid £35 for mine...... whats yr psn wwe
Wouldn't that have been just the Controller?

The starter pack includes the camera and demo disc as well.

wwe
24-09-2010, 20:23
Is anybody else having a problem getting on to beat sketcher demo?
Ive in stalled it and it said to point the ball at the eye cam 1.5M and press circle Ive done this and northing happens.

Ravenheart
24-09-2010, 20:34
Ive in stalled it and it said to point the ball at the eye cam 1.5M and press circle Ive done this and northing happens.

I had the same problem as did loads of other folks according to some forums I've been on, it seems to only work if the move is controller no. 7

You can change the number allocated by going to accessory settings, reassign controllers.

Hope this helps :)

Fitze73
24-09-2010, 20:51

no that was for the starter pack, camera motion controller and starter disc

wwe
24-09-2010, 21:03
I had the same problem as did loads of other folks according to some forums I've been on, it seems to only work if the move is controller no. 7

You can change the number allocated by going to accessory settings, reassign controllers.

Hope this helps :)

thank you ill give it ago.

icestar2
24-09-2010, 23:41

Couldn't get it working myself. Gets stuck on the same point that you mentioned. Probably they forgot to program the O button or something in the demo lol. I just deleted it.

roger skillin
25-09-2010, 01:13

even Tesco are selling the starter pack for £39.70
£49.99 is a bit much really

RealDiamond
25-09-2010, 06:28
Beat sketchers one of those weird titles. marmite of a idea(love or hate) Adding music to songs buy what you draw. could not find a ruler option so hated it so far.

ninjatim01
29-09-2010, 15:21
Loving how precise Gladiator game is, just wish the sheild was optional so you could only block with the sword

Ravenheart
16-10-2010, 21:56
Picked up a second move controller today, Glad I shopped around a bit, Game, HMV and Gamestation were all charging around £34 as I was passing Argos, had a look and they had them for £26.49.

The gladiator game is even better with 2 controllers :)

wwe
17-10-2010, 14:53
what do you need 2 contollers for you would think it be so another player can play with you but even 1 player can use it.

roger skillin
18-10-2010, 00:32
what do you need 2 contollers for you would think it be so another player can play with you but even 1 player can use it.

Yes but some games you can use 2 controllers for more involvement and also if you have a second controller then you can play games like tennis with 2 people

Stephen
18-10-2010, 11:01
For example on the gladiator game two controllers means you have one in each hand to act as the sword and shield. Also in Archery you have one for the bow and the other for the arrow.

or as mentioned two people can play tennis together.

D_Skids
18-10-2010, 12:59

That is like saying why would you want two dualshock controllers ;)

In fact as explained in other posts you would be more likely to have two move controllers because some games support two for one person. Gladiator Duel and Archery, even Disc Gold for the bonus levels.

cupcakes aka dd
18-10-2010, 15:18
I'm still waiting for a good non PC version of Team Fortress 2. Maybe the Move is the answer? One controller to aim and fire and another to move around. And as Steam is comin soon maybe just maybe............