PDA

View Full Version : Will my wireless 'n' router show up?

monkeyonamoped
17-09-2010, 14:44
Hello all,

I had the upgrade to 50meg on 4th September, but the installer didn't have any routers or dongles in the van, so phoned through to Customer Services to get them sent out. Nothing arrived, so I called VM up, got through to the overseas call centre, who put through the order again. Again, nothing showed up. I called again on Wednesday 15th, got through to the UK, who explained that the ordering process had been changed & put through another order. Last night I received a text saying that my order would be delivered today - great.
So I book the day off at the last minute because I want to get it all sorted out & duly receive a package today - only containing the USB dongle! I've since been on to the overseas call centre again & they have put the order though again - but I'm not confident that it's been done correctly, based on previous experience.
Is there anyone on here who might be able to give me some advice as to how I can check if the order's going through properly this time?

ferryboi
29-09-2010, 10:12
I would advise you to ring up , and ask them to check the order notes of the last order put onto your account , that will contain the order code that should be the router as well as the dongle

NoxBlade
01-10-2010, 12:44
Just to warn you, i had the exact problem when i joined up to 50mbit.

after couple months, with couple phone calls and 3 G Routers being sent to me, i actually received my N router.

(I still got the G routers lol, i asked if they wanted them returned and got a simple reply "no")

Peter_
01-10-2010, 13:17
Just to warn you, i had the exact problem when i joined up to 50mbit.

after couple months, with couple phone calls and 3 G Routers being sent to me, i actually received my N router.

(I still got the G routers lol, i asked if they wanted them returned and got a simple reply "no")
They should have gave you a credit and a return address of the Liverpool office, bit of a fail there.

NoxBlade
01-10-2010, 13:22
they didn't charge me for the routers either Masque, it was all to do with the free N router for joining 50mbit service,
Each time they sent me a G i phoned up complained, they said they put in a order and bang another G arrived :)

Basically i got 4 Routers free from Virgin lol, i did ask them about returning the routers like i said, but they just said no to returning them :S

I even had an engineer out after to fix a issue i had, i pointed out about the routers, he just laughed but never said he would take them!

Peter_
01-10-2010, 13:26
they didn't charge me for the routers either Masque, it was all to do with the free N router for joining 50mbit service,
Each time they sent me a G i phoned up complained, they said they put in a order and bang another G arrived :)

Basically i got 4 Routers free from Virgin lol, i did ask them about returning the routers like i said, but they just said no to returning them :S
The codes are quite different for both routers and that is the first thing I would have checked after your fist call and ensured the one I ordered was correct.

If you had 3 routers sent as above I would have asked you to return them and gave the appropriate credit.

I think I can guess who sent the 3 G routers.;)