PDA

View Full Version : error 421

pickers
17-09-2010, 13:54
I have a laptop with windows 7 home installed. I use Outlook 2007 for my emails via ntl.co.uk. At home in England I have no problems at all but when I take my laptop to Spain and log on using a friends wifi I am able to recieve mails but unable to send, I understand that it is something to do with port25 security to avoid spam. If I use the virgin media email I have no problems but I prefere outlook. Is there a way round this problem to allow me to use outlook for both send and recieve when in Spain.
The error is::::421 aamtaout04-winn.ispma

sorry if this question has been asked before

moiraf100
17-09-2010, 14:06
Is it something to do with virgin not being your service provider whilst in Spain.
Which is why you can use webmail but not outlook?

Peter_
17-09-2010, 14:14
I have a laptop with windows 7 home installed. I use Outlook 2007 for my emails via ntl.co.uk. At home in England I have no problems at all but when I take my laptop to Spain and log on using a friends wifi I am able to recieve mails but unable to send, I understand that it is something to do with port25 security to avoid spam. If I use the virgin media email I have no problems but I prefere outlook. Is there a way round this problem to allow me to use outlook for both send and recieve when in Spain.
The error is::::421 aamtaout04-winn.ispma

sorry if this question has been asked before
You can only send using an email client such as Outlook via your home connection as it uses Virginmedia's email servers.

If you want to use email abroad then you need to use webmail.

This is the same with all ISP email addresses not just Virginmedia.

pickers
17-09-2010, 14:19
Many thanks for your reply's