PDA

View Full Version : Having problems adding a new e-mail address to Windows Mail :(

littlewren
16-09-2010, 12:10
Hi,

I am having problems adding another e-mail address to my account on Windows Mail (I am using Windows 7).

I added a new one through Virgin Media's website and it showed in my list of e-mail addresses, but I wasn't able to choose ntlworld.com as the last bit of the address, it had to be virginmedia.com (even though my other addresses end with ntlworld.com).

I then went back to Windows Mail and added it to my account, taking care to enter the exact details that showed in the Properties of my other addresses. (It showed in the list of e-mail addressesin the Accounts section).

When I then tried to check my e-mail, after sending an e-mail to the new address, it just showed an error box.

I have tried every which way that I know to try and solve it, i.e. leaving the settings as they were, changing them to the new settings to match the other addresses, changing the virginmedia.com to ntlworld.com and nothing works.

Could someone possibly tell me what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

Carrie

Church Mouse
16-09-2010, 15:33
I think since the migration of e-mail accounts that you can only add a new address with the @virginmedia .com address even if you currently have an existing ntlworld.com address

Church Mouse

littlewren
16-09-2010, 16:12
I think since the migration of e-mail accounts that you can only add a new address with the @virginmedia .com address even if you currently have an existing ntlworld.com address

Church Mouse

Hmm yes thanks, I realised this was the case in the end but my e-mail account won't acknowledge the virginmedia.com address anyway and tells me to check my password. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I have checked the settings with Virgin Media's page, re-typed my password etc. and I'm stumped. :(

Church Mouse
16-09-2010, 19:47
If you go to the link below and look at e-mail section there is a topic on e-mail settings.

There is some information on the settings for virginmedia.com

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/bd-p/email

If that doesn't help then post your query, in the forum, and you should get the help and advice you need.

Best wishes

Church Mouse

littlewren
17-09-2010, 16:32
Hi Church Mouse, thankyou for your reply. I had already gone to that page though and the settings are correct so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I will do as you suggest as post my query on there, although I was hoping that a Virgin Media person on here would have been able to help, but no-one from there has replied. :(

Carrie

Church Mouse
17-09-2010, 18:45
Hope you get it sorted

Church Mouse

littlewren
20-09-2010, 12:40
Thanks very much. :)