PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline Nikita : Season 1

cimt
10-09-2010, 08:50
A new spy show starring Maggie Q. She plays a rogue spy named Nikita who is being hunted by a secret US government agency called Division. Now she wants to bring them down. It started last night in the US. I thought it was pretty awesome. There was some twists I wasn't expecting. I'll be watching it next week.

Kymmy
10-09-2010, 09:15
The original Le Femme Nikita was one of my favourite films (you just gotta watch it with the original french soundtrack/subs), Fonda's remake and also the first US series were not upto the style of the film.. This new series (will watch it later once the F1 practice is over) is supposed to follow Luc Besson's work a lot more closely :D

Damien
10-09-2010, 09:56
All these action shows with a female led tend to turn into soap operas. It happened to Alias and Buffy, both fun shows that became bogged down with relationships and personal issues. Buffy is a perfect example of this, it used to be funny, fun, and had silly but enjoyable 'evil' plots. Then it seemed to descend into nothing but "omg, i love a vampire, but I can't be with him for reasons that are too stupid to state".

I don't know why they do this. 24 had traces of that but always reminded a fun, action, show. I hope this doesn't do the same, however if they get another season how long before it turns into "how can i have a relationship when the company is after me".

Paul
10-09-2010, 12:51
Hmm. I may have to take a look at this.

moaningmags
11-09-2010, 16:34
I just watched this and was impressed enough to be looking forward to the next one.

MovedGoalPosts
11-09-2010, 16:39
I see this will be on Living channels from October

colin25
11-09-2010, 17:13
I agree..too much relationships in the tv series..whatever happened to the the good old days...:D

Tezcatlipoca
11-09-2010, 17:45
Nothing spectacular, but I quite liked it.

It was good to see 24's George Mason (Xander Berkeley) playing the agency head.

Stuart
22-09-2010, 23:49
All these action shows with a female led tend to turn into soap operas. It happened to Alias and Buffy, both fun shows that became bogged down with relationships and personal issues. Buffy is a perfect example of this, it used to be funny, fun, and had silly but enjoyable 'evil' plots. Then it seemed to descend into nothing but "omg, i love a vampire, but I can't be with him for reasons that are too stupid to state".

Actually, I disagree with that. Having seen Nikita, I'd say it's at least influenced by Alias, if not a blatent rip off.

I'm not sure that either turned into a soap opera though.. From series 2 onward, Buffy always explored the relationships between the characters. The big ending for S2 was Buffy condemning the love of her life to an eternal (ok, it turned out to be not so eternal in S3) hell. OK, so there was the whole Willow being addicted to Magic thing in S6,which I though was a little OTT, but, IMO, some of the best episodes were in S6 and (especially) S7.

Alias, similarly, did always explore the relationships between the characters. But, these two are far from the only shows to do this. Even shows like the later Star trek shows (TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise) devoted large chunks of the storyline to the exploration of the relationships between the characters.

As for Nikita, I think it's got potential. I lost interest in the first episode, but I think with a little work, it could be a good series. If a little similar to Alias.

Tezcatlipoca
22-09-2010, 23:54
Actually, I disagree with that. Having seen Nikita, I'd say it's at least influenced by Alias, if not a blatent rip off.

Surely it's more influenced by the previous Nikita movie & series than by Alias? ;)

Stuart
23-09-2010, 00:00
There are definate Alias influences though.

haydnwalker
23-09-2010, 09:54
I'm not THAT impressed by it to be honest. Maybe I haven't gotten into it enough yet :)

Too many good shows on :)

Kymmy
23-09-2010, 10:04
Alias was done 11 years after the original La Femme Nikita film and 8 years after the American remake, perhaps it's best to say that Alias was influenced by the films ;)

cimt
23-09-2010, 11:10
It depends how you look at it, Alias was inspired by La Femme Nikita. I think the reason you could say this Nikita is inspired by Alias is because the main character wants to bring down the people she worked for.

Kymmy
23-09-2010, 11:19
But you can see from the original story that the current Nikita series storyline was oneof the few ways they could progress.. It's obvious that the agency wouldn't just let her walk away so that leaves only two options.. Have her hiding for the rest of her life or have her fighting back.. Just because Alias got that scenario first it doesn;t mean to say that one is based on the other..

Stuart
23-09-2010, 11:46
Maybe describing it as a rip off was a litte strong. Perhaps I should have said Influenced..

Kymmy
23-09-2010, 11:54
I think we'd be hard pressed to find anything with an original story or a minimal influenced TV show these days..

Even something like "The Event" reminds me of a few others long gone in the past

cimt
02-10-2010, 11:16
The third episode has now aired and we see a slightly different side to Michael. I enjoyed it, we're starting to see how corrupt Division actually is. I wonder if they've gone full on rogue though?

haydnwalker
02-10-2010, 11:32
I'm not impressed with this show....its not exciting, you know roughly what's going to happen :(

Tezcatlipoca
02-10-2010, 13:29
The third episode has now aired and we see a slightly different side to Michael. I enjoyed it, we're starting to see how corrupt Division actually is. I wonder if they've gone full on rogue though?

4th, not 3rd ;) :)

They do seem to have gone completely rogue. Percy seems to be in it for the money, not anything else.

Stuart
10-10-2010, 13:45
Well, having watched eps 2 and 3, I have to say that they are a lot better than ep 1.

Luckily I don't generally judge a whole series on one episode.

Tezcatlipoca
07-05-2011, 09:34
Anyone still watching this?

I think it's been getting better & better.

I watched the latest episode this morning...very good, with some surprising twists.

Percy certainly is devious...

Zing
07-05-2011, 09:40
I thought season 1 had ended ages ago? damn guess I need to play catch up lol

I thought the break in December was the end of the series so I am only half way through silly me lol and damn you american with all your breaks

Tezcatlipoca
07-05-2011, 10:04
Lol, no it was just a mid season break Dec-Jan, plus it had a month off in March.

This week's ep was no. 21, next week's is the finale.

cimt
15-05-2011, 01:08
Good to see they put that fire/air duct scene in. It wouldn't of been the same without it.