PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to WIFI

vaishali1997
09-09-2010, 20:42
Hey guys do you know how to connect the DS to wifi???

It keeps saying I need to change my wireless to WEP!!!

What is the safe way to change the wireless settings to WEP???

I have mario kart and I really wanna play against people around the world :P

Kymmy
09-09-2010, 20:45
The DS should do WPA (a lot more safer than WEP)

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Please do not post more than one thread on the subject, other thread in the VM internet section junked

dilli-theclaw
09-09-2010, 20:46
That depends on if its a ds or a dsi, also after looking at his previous post it may depend on if he's playing an original rom or not as to weather or not he can play it again't others online as opposed to over wifi.

If I recall from my son's ds you could only do 64bit wpa.

His dsi can however do /proper/ wpa and can connect to my routher just fine.

vaishali1997
09-09-2010, 21:34
The DS should do WPA (a lot more safer than WEP)

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Please do not post more than one thread on the subject, other thread in the VM internet section junked

Sorry for posting on the the internet section; I just wanted a quick reply...

By the way I have a Ds Lite...Please can you tell me how to change wifi settings to WEP???

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

That depends on if its a ds or a dsi, also after looking at his previous post it may depend on if he's playing an original rom or not as to weather or not he can play it again't others online as opposed to over wifi.

If I recall from my son's ds you could only do 64bit wpa.

His dsi can however do /proper/ wpa and can connect to my routher just fine.

What if you own a downloaded version on a r4 chip????? No comment on legality please...but then can you connect that to wifi??? ON wep??

LondonRoad
09-09-2010, 21:37
You'll have to change the encryption to wep on your wireless router, then change the encryption on anything else that connects wirelessly.

You can connect with games that are on R4 cards.

Maggy
09-09-2010, 21:47
I wonder where Callumpy is these days?:erm:

vaishali1997
09-09-2010, 21:47
You'll have to change the encryption to wep on your wireless router, then change the encryption on anything else that connects wirelessly.

You can connect with games that are on R4 cards.

How do you change the settings on your wireless router?

MadGamer
09-09-2010, 21:49
I wonder where Callumpy is these days?:erm: I see him sign into Xbox Live quite a bit other than that not a peep. Been really quite round here though

LondonRoad
09-09-2010, 22:01
How do you change the settings on your wireless router?

You have to log onto it with admin and password. Depending on what router you've got you usually use your browser and type Http://192.168.2.1 (may be different). a quick check of your manual or google the make model should give you the default address.

Pog66
10-09-2010, 13:18
Not wishing to be a spoilsport but I suggest you check with who pays the Internet bill that they are happy to have the security downgraded!!

Peter_
10-09-2010, 13:54
I wonder where Callumpy is these days?:erm:
Probably being a teenager.:D

vaishali1997
10-09-2010, 18:03
Not wishing to be a spoilsport but I suggest you check with who pays the Internet bill that they are happy to have the security downgraded!!

I did he said yeah it ain't likely that people on your roads are hackers unless I am wrong

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

What does Callumpy mean??? :P

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Guys do you think it's really safe to login to your wireless using IPCONFIG? just asking advice please

It said details will be sent in an unsecure manner but I don't get what that means...I don't know who to...I mean microsoft wouldn't just allow the details to be sent to anyone, would they??

LondonRoad
10-09-2010, 19:37
if you type ipconfig at a command prompt it may give you the IP address of your router. It won't connect you or anybody else to your router.

ipconfig will return the gateway address. This is likely to be the IP address of your router. You can the attempt to connect to your router by entering this address in your browser.

I don't know what Callumpy is either but I suspect s/he may be a former member on this forum who you may remind some people of.

vaishali1997
11-09-2010, 19:49
if you type ipconfig at a command prompt it may give you the IP address of your router. It won't connect you or anybody else to your router.

ipconfig will return the gateway address. This is likely to be the IP address of your router. You can the attempt to connect to your router by entering this address in your browser.

I don't know what Callumpy is either but I suspect s/he may be a former member on this forum who you may remind some people of.

OH thanks I knew that but it doesn't work...Which password you gotta enter? And which user? SSID or what? Or network name??

LondonRoad
11-09-2010, 20:16
OH thanks I knew that but it doesn't work...Which password you gotta enter? And which user? SSID or what? Or network name??

What's your make and model of router? If you've still got manual it'll tell you in that. The name is usually admin or administrator and the password may be blank, or may be password or may have been changed by the person who originally set it up.

colin25
11-09-2010, 21:29
WEP = worth every penny
WPA = which penny anyway?

I do an idiot's guide to the internet, explaining all the terms. But there are others, just locate your closest IP (idiot person) :D

vaishali1997
11-09-2010, 21:37
WEP = worth every penny
WPA = which penny anyway?

I do an idiot's guide to the internet, explaining all the terms. But there are others, just locate your closest IP (idiot person) :D

I'm not an idiot...see I'm only 13 ...you're so rude calling a stranger an idiot!!!

colin25
11-09-2010, 21:40
lol..not meaning you, I was in fact giving you the idiot's guide, from an idiot

sigh, ok..straight face :erm:

WEP, and WPA are not about pennies.

IP is of course not someone you should ask for definitions

:D

Maggy
11-09-2010, 22:37
I did he said yeah it ain't likely that people on your roads are hackers unless I am wrong

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

What does Callumpy mean??? :P

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Guys do you think it's really safe to login to your wireless using IPCONFIG? just asking advice please

It said details will be sent in an unsecure manner but I don't get what that means...I don't know who to...I mean microsoft wouldn't just allow the details to be sent to anyone, would they??

Callumpy is another CF member who joined us when he was 13/14 and asked as many questions as you do..;)

vaishali1997
12-09-2010, 00:21
lol..not meaning you, I was in fact giving you the idiot's guide, from an idiot

sigh, ok..straight face :erm:

WEP, and WPA are not about pennies.

IP is of course not someone you should ask for definitions

:D

But I didn't ask what IP means...I didn't mean to call you an idiot...I was just really upset sorry I thought you were calling me one

nffc
12-09-2010, 00:32
Eh, 13 year olds aren't always idiots. I never was :s