PDA

View Full Version : TP Link Router- Settings

Flann1gan
06-09-2010, 20:19
Hi. I have a TP-Link Wireless Router that used to work without any issue until we reinstalled our PC recently.

Its not working...

My internet connection works when I connect it straight into the PC.
I can connect to my router by browsing to 192.168.1.1
My router is visible on wifi

I think its something to do with my router settings - can anyone help, Virgin say its not supported so won't help - cheers for that!

Thanks in advance...

Horace
06-09-2010, 20:43
Remove power from router, wait five minutes. Turn back on. Wireless hardware often 'crashes' in cheap wireless routers. If that fails try a factory reset but remember to redo your wireless security settings.

gobbledigook
07-09-2010, 15:23
i'm assuning the problem here is that you can connect to your router but not broswe the internet?

can you connect to your router and browse using wifi?

if not then try turning off the modem for a few minutes - 3-5 and power on then connect the router and power that on...

if not then try a 30-30-30 reset (hold in the reset button for 30 - poweroff for 30, whilst still holding down the reset button - power on for 30, whilst STILL holding the reset button, release the reset button and wait a few minutes before trying to connect to the router... it will be set to factory default settings for that model - i think user=admin pass=admin, you will need to set up you wireless SSID security and any port forwarding.