PDA

View Full Version : Is my TXT message from VM TS Bullplop?

Mick Fisher
06-09-2010, 20:18
My 20 meg BB lost it's upstream yet again today. I rang TS, sounded like I got a UK agent but not sure, and asked for a tech to visit. After a brief discussion about this problem which has been going on for over a month now, he agreed to book a tech for tomorrow 12.00 till 16.00.

At about 6.00pm I got a txt to tell me the tech visit has been cancelled as there is an area fault in NN10 and that they aim to fix the issue in 8 Hours.

Looking at the BB Status page I note their are no known problems affecting NN10.

BenMcr
06-09-2010, 20:41
The text will be legitimate, they've just started doing them. You'll get another text to confirm once the outage is showing as resolved, and to advise what you need to do if you are still experiencing an issue

Not sure why the outage isn't showing on the Service Status page though - what details did you put in?

Mick Fisher
07-09-2010, 08:56
Thanks for the reply Ben.

Well 12 hours later and my VM BB is still broken. TS cannot give me any information about what the issue is or what area it is affecting.

Not sure why the outage isn't showing on the Service Status page though - what details did you put in?

Disturbingly the Broadband status tool still insists there are no issues in my area.

I entered my account # and area code #

Mick Fisher
07-09-2010, 17:03
Ready light went solid about 10.00am, shame they never bothered to update the status page.

Digital Fanatic
08-09-2010, 18:37
The text will be legitimate, they've just started doing them. You'll get another text to confirm once the outage is showing as resolved, and to advise what you need to do if you are still experiencing an issue

Texts have been sent for a a few years now.. I think you are thinking of the Voice Messaging to affected customers which is currently being trialled to some areas.

Status page issue...Depends how big the outage is.. Some smaller outages won't be on the Status Page.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Ready light went solid about 10.00am, shame they never bothered to update the status page.

do you have a fault ref and I can check to see if it should have been posted?

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

The only outage I can find for NN10 is a SNR issue cusing intermittant loss, this will be a P4 ticket, so would never have gone on the status page anyway.

Not a case of someone "not bothering"

BenMcr
08-09-2010, 21:14
Texts have been sent for a a few years now.. I think you are thinking of the Voice Messaging to affected customers which is currently being trialled to some areas.Indeed I was. I hadn't realised that texts were send out for Outages, just to confirm that customers still required the appointments

Digital Fanatic
08-09-2010, 22:53
Indeed I was. I hadn't realised that texts were send out for Outages, just to confirm that customers still required the appointments

Yeah, it's going to be replaced eventually by the Interactive Voice Message System.

:)

Mick Fisher
09-09-2010, 11:25
Thanks for the info Guys. :)