PDA

View Full Version : v+hd

klackeet
03-09-2010, 17:52
having been a vm customer for 4 years i decided to upgrade to a v+hd box payed my 49 pound fee and then the nightmare begins firstly onl the day of deliverly the deliver driver couldnt be bothered to knock on the door just put the u were not in card through despite me being in so i had to book for the next day so next day after waiting in and taking the day off work (unpaid) the box finally turns up at 1730 (grrrrrr) had to go out so left the installation till today installed equipment and calls to activate the service kept waiting 10 min or so then give the new sn to the operator and im then told that sn not on the system and would have to wait 24 hours not being happy with this i called 150 and was told the same so i asked to be put through to retentions explained it to the operator there he then knocked 9 pounds a month off my subsciption and called there technical dept to sort this out he then informed me that the matter would be resolved in 10 min or so this was at 1500 this afternoon. at 1530 i get a call from vm asking me my new sn number as the old box number still on my account and that it will take upto 24 hours to activate now 1750 and still no joy very very cheesed off with vm customer service and am now consisdering going to sky:td:vm

jb66
03-09-2010, 20:00
Not virgins fault you never answered the door

klackeet
03-09-2010, 21:10
erm how can i answer the door if no one knocks tard

weesteev
03-09-2010, 22:15
Ok maybe a bit harsh commenting for a new user klackeet, firstly welcome to the forum...

:)

Unfortunately no courier is perfect but it seems like Virgin have tried to resolve your issue and even knocked money off your bill which is pretty generous really. If the box SN is not registered then it may take 24 hours to get it update, worst case scenario a box swap should sort it but the team should be able to fix this for you quickly.

Let us know how it goes and how you find the service when you are up and running.

klackeet
03-09-2010, 22:57
thnx wee what i dont understand why does it take upto 24 hrs to put a serial number on a system? its now 2242 and still no service

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

and yes it was quite generous to knock money off but that wasn't the point as a paying customer i expect the products i have purchased to work and any issues to be delt with promptly

jb66
03-09-2010, 23:05
A courior shouldn't have to knock hard, fit a knocker or a doorbell.

I don't know why it takes that long, I'd expect it to be instant, change the serial number then hit the box

spiderplant
04-09-2010, 09:16
Probably the box isn't known to the billing system. That needs passing to IT to fix.

jungleguy
04-09-2010, 09:35
You could have had the box delivered to your work address.

Peter_
04-09-2010, 14:41
You could have had the box delivered to your work address.
They cannot do that on the initial booking, you need it to be undelivered by the Home Delivery Network after which you can re direct the delivery.

They used to be able to put in a secondary address but it caused billing issues and agents can get in trouble for booking a delivery in this manner.

klackeet
04-09-2010, 15:20
well there 24hrs are up and still not working called i have called and they have now decided to send a tech out so i have to wait till monday and have no tv service great :( and jb66 i do have a doorbell are you a courior or something your obsessed and i travel around the north for work so delivery to the work place not an option im afraid. so all together im not impressed with VM at all.

jb66
04-09-2010, 17:19
well there 24hrs are up and still not working called i have called and they have now decided to send a tech out so i have to wait till monday and have no tv service great :( and jb66 i do have a doorbell are you a courior or something your obsessed and i travel around the north for work so delivery to the work place not an option im afraid. so all together im not impressed with VM at all.

I used to be, heard these excuses before. Folk blaming the courier. It's in his best intrest to get it out his van to make room, also it saves him time writing the note and closing. The reality is you popped out/fell asleep/had the radio blaring.

klackeet
04-09-2010, 19:38
nope sat i was sat reading no tv or radio on crappy courier end ov dude

Peter_
04-09-2010, 22:38
By the way the courier is not employed by Virgin Media as all deliveries are now made by the Home Delivery Network and previously we used UPS, so no real need to argue as the guy probably did not knock as some just have to many parcels to cope with in a day.

jb66
04-09-2010, 23:07
nope sat i was sat reading no tv or radio on crappy courier end ov dude

Lol sure u were....

klackeet
06-09-2010, 18:57
engineer finally been and sorted it box needed swapping wrong area happy days:)

jb66
06-09-2010, 19:40
Is that still going on! Nice one glad itws sorted