PDA

View Full Version : fileserve problems

candy1567
31-08-2010, 11:50
hi

anyone havin probs in accessing fileserve site

web page just wont load, get a blank screen with done in left hand corner, can access it from mobile phone though!!!!

Rang virgin only to be told that they dont block sites, erm do i believe that lol

juliex

LondonRoad
31-08-2010, 11:53
I can't access it either.

candy1567
31-08-2010, 12:12
Hi

well it pings ok, and i can access it through a proxy server very strange indeed

Kymmy
31-08-2010, 12:15
Perhaps this thread may be of some use to you though it might not be the same problem (look at the last few pages)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33664855-rapidshare-down-for-anyone-else.html

candy1567
31-08-2010, 13:05
Hi

well suprise suprise just been onto VM for last half hour and guy i spoke to was very helpful.

I asked was i being routed through another server as i couldn't access this site only through a proxy, he stated no he doens't think so.

He changed my dns from auto to having me manually put in the numbers (sorry not sure what this is) and it still didn't work. Then he said i need to do a system restore as my network settings where wrong, i then said so do i need to restore all 3 of them as i have 2 pc and 1 laptop and he errr.....no dont do that we'll try somthin else. He then tried to connect using his mobile phone and he said hey the site is down, i said is your phone with virgin he said yes i said oops there u go as am on 02 and i can access fileserve on my phone.

He then went to whoever in networks to see if there are any probs and if they could access the site, so they said they would reset my connection to see if this would help.

Hey presto after after they did watever i can now access the fileserve site.

This is a strange version of events as the guy said that VM hadn't done anything but reset my connection, so i then said well i have my own ideas as to wat has happened and i then thanked VM from removing the block he just laughted and said ok we'll leave it at that then and have a nice day.

wat do others think

Juliex