PDA

View Full Version : Netgear Router

k4har
29-08-2010, 14:15
I had 20 mb broadband installed 4 months ago (self install) and received a netgear router which is wireless G not very good range.
I've always connected my two computers using Ethernet however today I bought a new laptop now using this router I am unable to connect wirelessly when using the laptop on the 1st floor of my house as the router is on the 3rd (I know I could move the router but I want it next to my computer lol)

Would the wireless N router be any better? And any chance VM will give it me for free :D

jb66
29-08-2010, 14:44
I'm sure your entitled to a n router but there was a shortage at the time, also you could upgrade to 50meg and you will get one and an n dongle. Have you tried the antenna horizontally?

k4har
29-08-2010, 15:38
Dont really want to pay £35 for installion and £20 for activation tried getting it for free but they CS rep werent having none of it lol
Just tried the antenna horizontally now it actualy comes up on the wireless list but only one bar, whenever i try to connect it fails

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Thanks got it working now just had point the antenna towards the room lol

kwikbreaks
29-08-2010, 22:03
Try making one of these directional reflectors ...

http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html

It will only take a few minutues to make and may save you the expense of a new router or extender.