PDA

View Full Version : Slow broadband Area 22 IG11

swirlingleaf
29-08-2010, 09:25
Greetings all,

I'm in Barking (IG11, Area 22) and have been having broadband speed problems for about a month. I phoned 150 yesterday, and spoke to a lady (in India) was told it was high utilisation in my area and that engineers were already aware and were looking into it, but she couldn't tell me when it would be resolved. She gave me £8 credit on my account but frankly I'd rather have my internet back. It's becoming seriously unusuable during peak times.

I have just phoned 150 today and spoke to UK customer service. Was quoted a fault reference of F001336993 and told the estimated fix date is 20th October!! I am seriously regretting switching to VM now and am considering pulling the plug and going back to BT (and I never thought I would hear myself say that).

The guy on the phone said that often in areas of high student population there are many PCs in one house it is putting enormous strain on the network and it is currently being upgraded (capacity is being increased). They have been working on this problem since 7th August. [So why is there suddenly increased utilisation since the beginning of August? I've been with VM since April and only noticed the problem this month. That doesn't seem to tally with student semesters].

I'm going to phone again tomorrow and speak to Customer Relations about this because I can't wait two months to get a usable service, when I'm paying £37 a month (XL).

Will keep you updated.

swirlingleaf
03-09-2010, 11:37
Just an update: as far as I know the fix date is still 20th October, so I've decided to ditch VM as go with a different provider as I can't wait that long. Going to keep the TV service though.