PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline Sons of Anarchy - Season 3

Tezcatlipoca
26-08-2010, 22:51
Season 3 of the awesome "Sons of Anarchy" (think "The Sopranos on Harleys") begins in the US on the 7th of September :D

Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmuLQVetvyg

Kymmy
26-08-2010, 22:54
Great, loved S1 & S2 :)

v0id
26-08-2010, 22:57
Season 3 of the awesome "Sons of Anarchy" (think "The Sopranos on Harleys")

Or "Hamlet on Harleys" ;)

Tezcatlipoca
26-08-2010, 22:59
Great, loved S1 & S2 :)

Yup. It's one of my favourite current US dramas.

Or "Hamlet on Harleys" ;)

LOL, that too.

Kymmy
08-09-2010, 12:41
Yes, it's here, it's down.. just making the popcorn before I sit down and enjoy it :D

Tezcatlipoca
09-09-2010, 02:10
Whoah...wasn't expecting that ending! Bye bye Deputy Chief Hale...

cimt
09-09-2010, 05:35
I sort of was, I knew he was gunna crack up eventually. I wonder who it was though...

Kymmy
09-09-2010, 09:21
Watching the show it got to the last 5 minutes and I thought to myself that it's not what we came to expect from SOA, there was no shockers, then at half sacks funeral I wasn't disappointed :D

I get the feeling Hale's Brother is involved...

Tezcatlipoca
02-12-2010, 20:29
And so ends another awesome season of SoA :D

No major shock at the end, unlike s1's death of Donna & s2's kidnapping of Abel, but still excellent.

I loved the way the plan came together. I wonder when Jax & Clay decided on what to do? Right up until the finale, the viewers have been given the same impression as Gemma, that Jax really was going to rat out the Oirish to save the club & his mum.

I'm glad the Oirish story is over - no more terrible accents.

It's a pity that Stahl was killed. Although she definitely deserved it, & it was very fitting that it was at the hands of Opie in that way, she was such a good character so it'll be a shame to lose her. Oh, & go Chief Unser! :D

Apparently season 4 will start after a bit of a time jump, to allow most of the club's prison time to occur between seasons, off camera.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Oh, here's an interview with SoA creator Kurt Sutter:

http://www.ugo.com/therush/gallery/kurt-sutter-soa-interview/712/1/

punky
02-12-2010, 20:51
It was a major shock for me. What with the John Teller references I genuinely thought that he ratted and that was going to be the major cliff hanger.

Speaking of the Orish I was pleasantly suprised that Kurt Sutter made a really genuine attempt at capturing Northern Ireland. So many authentic references. And Titus Welliver gave the Irish accent a bloody good go.

Still, sets things nicely up for S4. A quick bit of jail and then released with the Russians chasing them.

Kymmy
02-12-2010, 20:52
Fantastic ending, one which twisted the whole percieved events into a totally different outcome :)

I wonder if Dayton Callie will now bow out before or early in the 4th series (perhaps after looking after Gemma until Clay & Jax gets out..

Tezcatlipoca
02-12-2010, 21:07
Hmm, yeah, the twist was shocking, but I don't think it was the kind of shock end like the Donna/Abel ones.

Up until the finale, I was genuinely convinced that Jax had really done a secret deal with Stahl.

Once things got going though this week, I was so waiting for the reveal: some bits of the plan really only made sense if Clay & co were in on things, rather than Jax being a secret rat. Bloody well done though.

Forgot to mention: the letters! No more subtle "hint hint" that Clay/Gemma were involved in JT's death - now we have him foretelling it in his own words! Will Tara show Jax the letters? Will he then want revenge?

punky
02-12-2010, 21:40
Yeah it's crazy that 1 member would move on another to another's wife. Isn't that supposed to be the ultimate sin after ratting? I always assumed John died and then Clay made his move.

It's a shame the series is so short, it's so fantastic. Not just the story but also the music. Excellent choices and always sets the right tone.

Tezcatlipoca
17-01-2011, 22:22
Golden Globes 2011

Best actress (drama)- Katey Sagal - Sons of Anarchy

Yay! Should have won one last year after season 2's arc!