PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Home visit

simon d
24-08-2010, 22:11
I booked a home visit for someone to come around tonight from Virgin Media, as I not sure what package is right for me.

Did not even phone or e-mail to cancel. I waited in for 3 hours for them.

This does not give me a warm feeling that if I did sign up I would get any customer support.

It is normal for them not to turn up or ring?

Thanks

Simon

Foo Fighter
24-08-2010, 22:33
They did you a favour now get the commission the sales guy would have had and order via http://www.quidco.com/virgin-media/

Cant believe you booked an appointment and sat in for 3 hours when you could have spent 5 minutes on virgins website or this one to find out whats on offer.

simon d
24-08-2010, 22:52
I watched a film as I was waiting, so did not waste the time.

I looked at the website so many packages; I will phone but need to confirm the location of the cable box and cables

Peter_
25-08-2010, 06:23
When the installer arrives you tell him where you want the cable box and the cables to run, preprepared cable runs gives the installer no reason to quibble.

Why not post your requirements on here so we can help you decide on the right package.

simon d
25-08-2010, 16:14
Foo Fighter Thanks for the link, just done on the website.

simon d
28-08-2010, 18:46
I have a question do virgin only engineers only install surface mounted boxes or can I fit recess boxes for them?

I am having installed XL Phone, XXL BB modem/router and XL TV HD + behind my TV in the living room; I was going to use a Devolo 1218 dLan 200 Home power mains plug in the living room to feed the computer in the study.

At present this is how I get the internet to the TV blu-ray player from the study router, I was going to reverse the route.

I am correct in thinking that a Devolo 1218 dLan 200 Home power mains plug would handle the 50Mb from the route, maybe later 100Mb if we are lucky.

But I am now thinking that if I may be better off getting the engineers to feed a cable to the study?

How many boxes would I need to install for them?

If I later decide to have a HD box in the bedroom, how do the engineers connect the cable?

My house was original wired for cable so I have an extra point behind the TV that feeds the loft area, is it possible to connect to that point?

Thanks

Simon