PDA

View Full Version : Swap V+ Box For Normal

BigDSkipz
14-08-2010, 18:40
Hi All,

I want to swap my V+ HD Box upstairs to where my standard virgin box is and move that dowstairs.

Seems simple enough but Virgin want to charge 190.00 to do this, have tried to swap but it doesnt seem to work.

Any idea's??

Ben B
14-08-2010, 18:59
:welcome:

You should be able to swap it, I have done it before without any problems, what happens when you try connecting it up downstairs?

Ben :)

jb66
14-08-2010, 19:07
There is no reason why it wouldn't work are you keeping the cards in same box? Maybe give it a few more seconds to boot up

Peter_
14-08-2010, 19:13
They should just work as we do not know which room they are in, as jb66 said above just give them time to reboot and if they do not work call support and they will send out an engineer, just remember not to mention that you have swapped them around.

agoodtech
20-08-2010, 21:12
does it display a channel number when it loads up? if not what does it display?

You screwed the coax cable on tight?

using hdmi? if so isit on the correct hdmi channel on your tv to where u moved it to?

try using a scart lead to see if u get a pic n then mayber alter the hdmi settings?

as people have said before in this post, the boxes don't know any different if both cables are live and have a correct signal level.