PDA

View Full Version : .renf.ntl.com changed to virginmedia.com

nutellajunkie
11-08-2010, 19:01
I just noticed that instead of being on ntl.com I am now on virginmedia.com.

When I was on IRC, my host was, .****.cable.virginmedia.com instead of .****.renf.ntl.com

When did this happen, and is it much of an improvement or nothing changes atall?

Cheers.

Peter_
11-08-2010, 19:03
No issue they are just centralising everything nothing to worry about.

nutellajunkie
11-08-2010, 19:05
Makes sense. Gone are the ntl days, reality hits me so quickly ;)

Peter_
11-08-2010, 19:08
Makes sense. Gone are the ntl days, reality hits me so quickly ;)
If you want reassurance just do a whois search with your IP address HERE (http://tools.virginmedia.com/):D

nutellajunkie
11-08-2010, 19:18
Thank you for the information masque, kudos :)

nutellajunkie
12-08-2010, 09:00
.... and now its back to ntl.com lol

Kymmy
12-08-2010, 09:04
Mines recently changed from NTL.COM as well...

Harlow CM20
12-08-2010, 12:34
Mine has just change from the NTL type aswell, since then my online gaming has been unplayable. Is it possible that this change has caused this or is it purely cosmetic and coincidental?

Any faults with cpc3-bsfd2-0-0-custxxx.bsfd.cable.virginmedia.com or is it just over utilised?

Peter_
12-08-2010, 12:40
Mine has just change from the NTL type aswell, since then my online gaming has been unplayable. Is it possible that this change has caused this or is it purely cosmetic and coincidental?

Any faults with cpc3-bsfd2-0-0-custxxx.bsfd.cable.virginmedia.com or is it just over utilised?
Click the link in my signature for the fault pages

VirginMediaPhil
12-08-2010, 12:52
On Speedtest.net my ISP still shows up as Telewest Broadband.

Harlow CM20
12-08-2010, 15:55
Click the link in my signature for the fault pages

Thanks for the advice Masque, have done so and the page states that there are no known faults. I do my gaming between 2-11pm so if any checks can be made on my connection it would be appreciated, between 7-10pm is usually the worst time so perhaps then, also if I try to play between 00-03am I have very poor bandwidth. If anymore info is required I'll be happy to PM you.

If I upgraded to 50Mb would there be any difference in line quality? I really don't need anymore download speed tbh, the 10Mb I have is fast enough for me but a little extra upload speed would be useful.

Peter_
12-08-2010, 17:48
Thanks for the advice Masque, have done so and the page states that there are no known faults. I do my gaming between 2-11pm so if any checks can be made on my connection it would be appreciated, between 7-10pm is usually the worst time so perhaps then, also if I try to play between 00-03am I have very poor bandwidth. If anymore info is required I'll be happy to PM you.

If I upgraded to 50Mb would there be any difference in line quality? I really don't need anymore download speed tbh, the 10Mb I have is fast enough for me but a little extra upload speed would be useful.
You will need to call faults so that they can check out your connection for you.

Harlow CM20
14-08-2010, 13:14
You will need to call faults so that they can check out your connection for you.

Haven't called yet and may not need to now, played around 7-10 games lastnight and had a good experience.

My client host name had changed to cpc3-bsfd2-0-0-custXXX.5-3.cable.virginmedia.com so maybe something got rebalanced or something, idk just guessing but performance has improved and signal levels are also slightly better.

Thankyou for the suggestions and help :)

Kymmy
14-08-2010, 13:34
All it is is a rDNS change, it shouldn't effect any routing, latency, pings, signal levels....etc....