PDA

View Full Version : Very slow speeds in Muswell Hill (Haringey), London for the past week (20mb)

surfingmonk
07-08-2010, 14:19
Hello guys,

I was hoping a VM rep would maybe help me out here. I'm on a 20MB connection and usually I have good speeds, and I wouldn't think I'm throttled since I'm not a big downloader at all (also the last week that the service has been like this I haven't downloaded anything).

Anyways for the past week or so I've had REALLY slow speeds, both download and upload. Also all my HD channels are down although I'm already talking with VM about it... paying almost £100 per month for my whole package so not too happy about this obviously.

Speed test just now:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2010/08/28.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 3
Downstream Frequency : 315000000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : -10.8 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 31.3 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 2
Upstream Frequency : 46200000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QAM16
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 57.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Any ideas? If you need more info please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Mat

Peter_
07-08-2010, 14:52
You need an engineer to adjust your power levels call in on 151 from a Virginmedia phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone.

Dr Mong
11-02-2011, 17:54
Have a look at my post regarding Haringey...had an engineer this week who actually knew something. He increased my power levels, said that the cable to my house was crap (its over 20 years old) and no longer up to the job and it is being replaced next week, also said if that didn't work get my hub exchanged for a stand alone modem. He also told me there are loads of speed issues in the area that he knows about, VM are doing some massive upgrade work and we are all going to be off for 24hrs soon while they change something major..I've managed to get some serious discounts out of them so make a fuss..