PDA

View Full Version : house not "listed" help required

kmawer
06-08-2010, 19:20
I am trying to sign up for virgin media broadband, landline telephone, digital TV and mobile telephone services. I am unable to sign up on-line because i am informed by your local sales person that my house is not registered/listed. He says the only way i can sign up with virgin media is with him. My house has been viewed by your staff, and i have a virgin media exchange box three meters from my front door. He refuses to have my house "listed", so i am unable to sign up on-line and must go through him.
The reason i want to sign on-line is so i can do this through a third party website and obtain some "cashback", through the "cashbackkings.com", website. This will give me £60 cashback from the website after 70 days. This does not come directly from virgin media. All the website does is provide a link directly to your own website. Can you assist me to get my property listed so I can sign up with virgin media for these services.
If i am not able to resolve this during August, i will be no better off by moving to virgin media, and may stay with my current provider for these four services BT. I would like to change to virgin media, and hope you can assist me to do so.

Regards

KJ Mawer

Peter_
06-08-2010, 19:30
If you are not on the Royal Mail address list then you will have to write a letter to them with all your details requesting them to put your address on the list.

What you need to do is contact Royal Mail Address Maintenance via this link HERE (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400120&mediaId=9200078#30400249)

Or you can try ringing the Royal Mail directly on 08457 740 740.

Kymmy
06-08-2010, 19:32
Welcome to the forum.

Have you asked Customer Services for a Spotter request (not sure if there's an online form somewhere. This request will initiate a local spotter to come out and look at your address and location of the VM cable system. If it's OK then your postcode/housenumber should be placed on the system for availability of services

Peter_
06-08-2010, 19:38
Welcome to the forum.

Have you asked Customer Services for a Spotter request (not sure if there's an online form somewhere. This request will initiate a local spotter to come out and look at your address and location of the VM cable system. If it's OK then your postcode/housenumber should be placed on the system for availability of services
The link to the Spotters Form is below, but the property has to be listed on the Royal Mail Addresses List first in order for services to be billed, which seems to be the case here, one of my colleagues is in the same boat and has had to do the above in order to get services to his property.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/register/spotters-form.do