PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media on Langside Exchange (Glasgow)

Seej4y
05-08-2010, 19:18
Hey guys, I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to cable/fibre optic. I was on the Virgin website to check if I can get their service and it says its not available in my area yet I checked on SamKnows (http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WSLAN) and it states our exchange has cable and virgin media enabled. Could anyone explain this to me :confused: ?

broadbandking
05-08-2010, 19:44
Looks like either one of two things

1. Samknows is showing the ADSL side of VM as cable offering
2. Samsknows is incorrect and needs to be advised that cable is not in your area.

I think its number 1 as looking at the ADSL offerings in your area VM is not listed, so I guess it means VM but the ADSL side of the company.

Seej4y
05-08-2010, 19:47
It does say under Cable Broadband Availability Virgin Media Enabled, but again like you said SamKnows could be wrong.. who'd have thought?

Ben B
05-08-2010, 19:50
It also may be that other streets in your area are cabled but your street isn't

broadbandking
05-08-2010, 19:51
It could well be, but as VM is now cable and ADSL, samknows might be showing the ADSL side of VM as cable, afaik VM National the ADSL company offer a freeview service and you would get a few of the perks cable customers get aswell.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

It also may be that other streets in your area are cabled but your street isn't

No he's postcode does not have cable at all, I have checked and no one in that postcode can get cable.

Ben B
05-08-2010, 19:53
Ah, I see

Seej4y
05-08-2010, 20:08
broadbandking, I take it virgin don't have a website that would show future fibre optic/cable plans?